large tuning programs

Tonka350

Reaction score
hey guys so I'm wondering does anyone do any tuning with the EDGE base other than PHP or does anyone know if even PHP can do tuning for MORE than 140 HP? I have the 140 extreme tune with stage 1 single shots but I'd like to really bump it up a little more ( without replacing the injectors ), if anything the most I'd like to do is possibly put some 100% nozzles on my injectors ( they've only got 10k miles on them about now...)...anyone know please let me know, I'd like to do this as soon as I get home. by the way right now I'm operating the edge CS with PHP calibrations on it.

Thanks,

Chad

MINK

Reaction score
140 tune is just what they call it regardless of other mods. Your best bet for alittle more power is the nozzle swap. PHP is the only one I know of tuning on the edge platform

Tonka350

Reaction score
ok thank you, what kind of power gains could one expect with swapping to 100% nozzles on a stage 1 injector platform? I don't want to get into an insane build as it is my daily driver with 40" tires on it...the tires are bad enough on my mileage lol.

Chad

MINK

Reaction score
ok thank you, what kind of power gains could one expect with swapping to 100% nozzles on a stage 1 injector platform? I don't want to get into an insane build as it is my daily driver with 40" tires on it...the tires are bad enough on my mileage lol.

Chad

so you have 160s with stock nozzles now? You would be upgrading to basically a stage 2 160/100...Stage twos have proven 350-450 depending on other mods including fuel/air/oil.

Tonka350

Reaction score
I have 160's now, I just don't know how to go about getting them rebuilt with larger nozzles or who does it and how long it takes...I'd like to go about a few things but have no idea how lol....especially since right now I have to find people to do the work for me until I get home.

Chad

kmfs91

Reaction score
It sounds like he has an edge unit with PHP tunes on it. I had my truck live tuned with bill from PHP this weekend and he had an Edge programmer that he had put his own tunes on that he used in tuning my truck.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

TARM

Reaction score
Since you have Rosewood inj I would send them back to Jim and have him swap on the 100% nozzles and go thru them to make sure everything is still gtg. There are a number of good deals on 38rs if you do some looking. To get the most out of the 160/100s you will need to bump up your HPOP as well but you can run it with a good stock pump and still have a good amount of the total power. Give Bill@ PHP a call and he will take care of the updated tunes for the larger nozzles and more air etc.. You will also need to be doing something about your fuel system and in fact should be one of the first things you get done. RR and tank mods at a min.

Tonka350

Reaction score
I was actually planning to do an FASS system, the hutch mod, an adrenaline HPOP from dieselsite.com, and a regulated return was going to happen toward the end of next year....so I can save up for it.

Chad

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
I would save the money on the FASS and do the REG with 2 SD pumps. That's more then what you will need and you have the reliability as well.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
if your mechanically savy id say do the injectors your self. its a blast pulling them apart and seeing how they tick, jim gives you a CD thats pretty detailed and the right tool and orings to replace while your in there. go for 100s and dont look back. but from my experience, superduty turbos dont take stage 2s aswell as the OBS turbos.

Reaction score
I was actually planning to do an FASS system, the hutch mod, an adrenaline HPOP from dieselsite.com, and a regulated return was going to happen toward the end of next year....so I can save up for it.

Chad

Agree on saving your $$ for the FASS bud! I just bought one, and by the sounds of what your going for, your going to need the bigger pump. And let me tell you it is noisy!!! Can hear the pump over the motor at an idle until you are driving. Just wanted to throw my suggestion out for ya. If I could do it all over again and was spending that much money I would buy a fuel system from Jake @ Irate Diesel, his system is cleaner looking I think.

TARM

Reaction score
When you go to upgrading to those 40s you have planned you will need to go to 4.56 even if you do add a good amount of power. If you had more power now the 3.73 would likely be good with the 37 you are currently running but at lower power some 4.10 would help if not 4.30 to add some pickup and responsiveness.. Actually may help mpg as well.

Tonka350

Reaction score
no lol, I won't be running 40's on 3.73's. until the end of next year I am regearing now to 4.10's just to help ( I picked them up front and rear for 100 bucks ). but I will be regearing to 5.13's for a little bit more power and if I decide to run 44-46's than I'll have plenty of gear. as for the FASS/SUPERDUTY PUMP...does the second superduty pump still remove the air from the system like the FASS does? also can someone give me a detailed description of the write-up on this project for the fuel system?

Thanks,

Chad

Reaction score
Thats a good question about removing air with the SD pumps. Not familiar with them so I have no idea. But learning more about these fuel systems, such as the FASS is removing the air is more a safety feature. Alot of the pulling trucks dont even use the air seperator part of the pumps. This is what I have been told, mind you. So if it is true? Im not 100% positive. Im sure some of the pro's on here can help you out with that question.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.