List of goodies

davey99ps

Reaction score
With that turbo, stg 2's a decent fuel system, an have bill work on your tunes, you'll get pretty close to 500hp.

I'm sure you've seen the threads about guys making 700+hp, but in all honesty a true 500hp truck is a lot of fun on the street.

*edit Pm coming your way

Strokin7

Reaction score
Well 500hp is what im looking for.

It sucks cuz all these guys with 6.4's a tuner and exhaust get that right off the bat.

But I would much rather put my time and money into a 7.3 build and saying "I" did that, you know what i mean.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
On a stock 7.3 fuel is introuduced into the head's on only one side, meaning that fuel flows in from one side of the head all the way till it hits the back of the head and stops which lets air get stuck in the back and fed to the last injector. What the FRx does is adds fuel lines to the sides of the heads that are not fed with fuel and allows the fuel and some times traped air to come back and be recirculated to the tank so the air has a chance to get out of the system.

And what exaclty does the FRx do?

DocBar

Reaction score

It sucks cuz all these guys with 6.4's a tuner and exhaust get that right off the bat.

But I would much rather put my time and money into a 7.3 build and saying "I" did that, you know what i mean.
Talk to FFD about bigger injectors. Bigger can always be detuned and you can grow into them. It gets expensive when you want to go bigger than you originally planned.

If you even think of sniffing 500RWHP with a 7.3, be prepared to buy a new tranny. Get an order in for a BTS now so that it will be ready in the month or so that your stock tranny lasts. Add $5k to your list.

Lang

Reaction score
Umm I'm no expert but I'm 99% certain your not reaching 500hp with stage 2's. believe that's the 400-450 range. Do you have PMR's or forged rods?

Stroker f-250

Reaction score
Umm I'm no expert but I'm 99% certain your not reaching 500hp with stage 2's. believe that's the 400-450 range. Do you have PMR's or forged rods?

He has forged, and whats 400-450 on PMR's anyways, people do it all the time and have no problem with them.

Lang

Reaction score

He said he was looking for 500HP... Stage 2's won't get him there. And at that range your walking on thin ice with PMR's

Strokin7

Reaction score
I think I can get almost 500 with the right tuning bud people reach pretty close to that on average. It will prolly be in the 480 range but I will get it dyno proven to see. All trucks are different.

Lang

Reaction score
True. Make a separate thread about your fuel needs, dunno if a FRx will be good enough for your goal.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
The FRx is a regulated return style of fuel system without an adjustable regulator. I have the FRx on my truck and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Of course I only have stock injectors and HPO system, so I cannot say for sure how it will do with bigger components. I did it simply to make my injectors happy by not having to inject air.

The #8 cylinder fires right after the #6 cylinder on the 7.3L. This causes the #8 cylinder to be starved of fuel because the #6 cylinder used the majority of the directly available fuel.

Here is a picture I made to help you visualize the system...
FRx.jpg

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
The Ppe lift pump will do nothing for you. It's a 12 psi pump... You need 65+\- ... You are not going to make 500hp with 160cc Injectors.. You said the injectors are 18xx??? You can get hybrids for that price. Do some research man.

bruce

Reaction score
How did this go from a 400 horse build to a 500 horse build. Ac's, 38r and a t500 would be a good combo. No need for studs or springs at that level but are advised for maximum dependability. Works well with stock fuel pump just need a regulated return or frx.

Latest posts

Members online