Looking for a 500hp build

powerlifter405

Reaction score
plan ahead on the BTS, mines been there since the first week in October waiting to get fixed. just got an eta of jan 8th to get looked at. hes up to March now or something gross like that lol

But you get what you pay for.
People get the BTS not because it's bling or name-only-recognition, you get the follow up service that goes w/ it.

I don't think your b$tchin but I've seen a few folks whining about their wait time. For those whiners you can probably get an ATS or Suncoast in a shorter time frame.

I'll put my order in soon and wait the however many months. At least you know you'll get top notch w/ the BTS:thumbsup:

OP, smart move w/ the BTS. A fellow I know recently sold his truck and something happened to the BTS and as I understood, Brian took care of the new owner.

thuglike

Reaction score
Better means so many different things to many different people.

If your worried about destroying the turbo... it's better because it's rebuildable.

If you want a billet wheel to come with the turbo..it's better because it does.

If your looking for more air than the 38r without going to a t4 set-up..it's better because it outflows the 38r.

If your looking for piece of mind and want a warranty on a turbo..it's better because it's offered with one.(run our tunes..get the warranty)

If your looking for a quieter turbo than the 38r..It's better because it is

If your looking for someone to stand behind a product..it's better because you guys know we will. (it's been tested and used on our own trucks)

If your looking for a cheaper alternative than the 38r..it's better because every member on PSA get it for 1250.00

dsberman94

Reaction score

If your worried about destroying the turbo... it's better because it's rebuildable.

If your looking for more air than the 38r without going to a t4 set-up..it's better because it outflows the 38r.

If your looking for piece of mind and want a warranty on a turbo..it's better because it's offered with one.(run our tunes..get the warranty)

If your looking for someone to stand behind a product..it's better because you guys know we will. (it's been tested and used on our own trucks)

If your looking for a cheaper alternative than the 38r..it's better because every member on PSA get it for 1250.00

:whs:

powerlifter405

Reaction score

I'm asking because I do not know much about your turbo but comparatively when BDP first put out their D66 it was supposed to be the bee's knee's because of some the same reasons, rebuildable, flows better, etc.

As I understand the Garrett literature the BB design is stronger than a comparative thrust bearing.

Your turbo VS the 38R, which when run within it's design parameters is inherantly stronger?

What are the actual flow #'s? The 38R claims 30% more than stock IIRC.

Does the 38R not come w/ a warranty? I do not know hence the question. What is your warranty? And what if someone runs Swamps, GH or another parties tuning?

I didn't think mine was loud but my hearing sucks. Doesn't the new billet wheel eliminate the noise?

You're selling your product based upon the above notions. Can you expand further? Like I said, I'm curious to know more.

thuglike

Reaction score
I'm asking because I do not know much about your turbo but comparatively when BDP first put out their D66 it was supposed to be the bee's knee's because of some the same reasons, rebuildable, flows better, etc.

As I understand the Garrett literature the BB design is stronger than a comparative thrust bearing. It maybe or not ..I do not know but I do know they break and when they do your screwed.

Your turbo VS the 38R, which when run within it's design parameters is inherantly stronger? Run within their design parameters..I would say strength is a push.(both will do the job they were designed to do..reliably).. However the parameters for the Brute 66 are higher.

What are the actual flow #'s? The 38R claims 30% more than stock IIRC.
20% higher than the 38r

Does the 38R not come w/ a warranty? I do not know hence the question. What is your warranty? And what if someone runs Swamps, GH or another parties tuning? I do not know what the warranty is on the 38r..I have NEVER seen or heard of one being repaired or replaced for free. The Brute 66 can come with a 1 year full warranty when run with our tunes..I understand it's not a perfect warranty but it's better than the alternative.

I didn't think mine was loud but my hearing sucks. Doesn't the new billet wheel eliminate the noise? The 66 is quieter..the wheel and bearing helps.I know it's nitpicking..but I have read a lot of threads on how to quiet down the 38r
You're selling your product based upon the above notions. Can you expand further? Like I said, I'm curious to know more.

If your looking for a drop in type turbo that will support 600hp this is an option.

This is a budget option..is it the only option..NO

Is it for everyone...NO

Would it be MY option...NO (how's that for honesty)

BUT.......

For the guy looking for serious performance on a budget and not looking to wrench a whole lot this turbo will do the trick.

It has handled 600hp and 50-55 lbs of boost for along time on our drag truck

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

Hell, the bottom one alone is good enough...

If it outflows a 38r, Im guessing its a modded van turbo and comes with the 1.15ar turbine housing?

live life full throttle

bigfords

Reaction score
I would be curious to see dyno numbers compared to a 38R. With same injectors and tuning of course.

thuglike

Reaction score
511/966 with P.I.S. 300/200....38r

596/1119...Brute 66..no other change..not even tuning tweeks.

bigfords

Reaction score
Really? That does seem pretty good! I might head that route here in another year or so. Does it look stock like the 38R does? Id like to go for the stock look for the Work Stock class.
Also, how is it for sound?

powerlifter405

Reaction score
If your looking for a drop in type turbo that will support 600hp this is an option.

This is a budget option..is it the only option..NO

Is it for everyone...NO

Would it be MY option...NO (how's that for honesty)

BUT.......

For the guy looking for serious performance on a budget and not looking to wrench a whole lot this turbo will do the trick.

It has handled 600hp and 50-55 lbs of boost for along time on our drag truck

Thanks for the individual replies. Thats helpful.

One on question... The "My Option" what would your's be?

What you suggest the standard/normal boost #'s be run to live a long life?

On the HP #'s, how does/would it perform in a stock or AC's application?

TyCorr

Reaction score

To expound, my 38r is dead quiet with a billet wheel.

I only paid 1275 shipped....

No pissing contest, just saying. I do find a souped up turbo like that appealing however. I just wanted a bb turbo and never planned on changing pedestals and uppipes. But did anyway :doh: :D

Depending on how the 250/200s work out for me(thanks for the nice sitdown on choosing, it helped immensely) i have a trick up my sleeve for the 38r to flow a lot more air.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.