low boost and no power

G Racing

Reaction score
When I put the pedal to the floor there is no smoke at all. It just acts like it's at idle. And then after about 15 seconds it will start to pick up and take off.

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I had a similar problem, turns out my ficm wasn't plugged in all the way. Visibly it looked like it was connected but it wasn't "clicked" together, I had a good idea what it was so I never put it on the scanner to see if it affected ficm voltage though. Might be worth a shot just for some reassurance

907DAVE

Reaction score
I did not watch the vid, but did you compare MAP and EBP?

They should follow each other closely.

Also, have you checked the MAF sensor?

What is calculated load under a WOT run?

G Racing

Reaction score
Getting plenty of fuel, double checked the ficm, Maf and ebp seem to be ok although with the new update it no longer uses the ebp.

G Racing

Reaction score
well no rags in the intake or pipes lol. engine load at wot is 67% max. The VGT works when I manually open and close it and slowly change the position of the vanes. Cleaned the MAF. Still nothing. where did I put that stick of dyno????

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Ok this is another long shot, but I remember last time I was playing with the scanner that I was able to look at the throttle position or throttle pedal % or something like that, maybe it's not seeing the right amount of voltage or isn't working properly? :shrug:
Edit: The pedal might be WOT but the computer isn't seeing it? Something along those lines, if that makes sense

G Racing

Reaction score
Ok this is another long shot, but I remember last time I was playing with the scanner that I was able to look at the throttle position or throttle pedal % or something like that, maybe it's not seeing the right amount of voltage or isn't working properly? :shrug:
Edit: The pedal might be WOT but the computer isn't seeing it? Something along those lines, if that makes sense

Checked that as well. scanner shows voltage and position changing as the skinny pedal goes to the floor. something is keeping it from building boost. still getting the low boost performance code.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Couple things to do before pulling turbo:
  • Perform turbo relearn procedure, disconnect both batteries for approximately 30 minutes, reconnect, cycle key off to run 3 times, then start and allow to idle for minimum of 5 minutes, then drive under normal driving conditions.

• Pull exhaust gas recirculation valve and verify is not stuck open and full of black coking deposits.

• Check for cracked intercooler boots/ boost leaks.

This all assumes the boost to backpressure ratio is in check.

Good Luck!

dzldoctor

Reaction score
I ran into an 03 that kept throwing the p132b. Removed turbo, clean inspect all looked good. Tried again no change. Replaced the turbo cured the problem. The vgt actuator was effed up inside the turbo. The actuator was moving, but it waasnt doing anything internal to the vanes. Not sure why??

G Racing

Reaction score
Performed turbo relearn, checked for exhaust and boost leaks, pulled egr it looked nice and clean and shut, drove it again and it will only make 4psi of boost at wot. Still getting the p132b code for low boost performance.

907DAVE

Reaction score
I would yank that turbo.....sounds broke.

What was backpressure during that 4psi run?

907DAVE

Reaction score
BP is just a diagnostic tool, even if the PCM doesn't care what it is.

Latest posts

Members online