low boost and no power

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
How much smoke is it making at WOT and only 4psi? I would think its horrible.

G Racing

Reaction score
ok, I went out and done another run and this is what it is starting to look like at 2000rpms
pedal position 86.50 %
EBP 8.80psi
fuel pulse width 1.10ms
icp 1433.57psi
ipr 43.35%
engine load 47.45%
MAF 91.13 g/s
MAP 15psi
fuel desired .48gr
manifold gauge pressure 0.68 psi
vgtdc 50.82%
vss 14.9 mph

at 3000rpms ( this is where the turbo finally lit)
pedal position 90.50%
EBP 15 psi
Fuel pulse width 968.00us
ICP 3034.23psi
ipr 67.18%
load 71.37%
maf 190.96 g/s
map 22.98 psi
fuel desired 0.72gr
manifold gauge pressure 7.97 psi
vgtdc 47.67%
vss 74.76mph

there is a 100 second time lapse between these two events. Basically it took 110 seconds for the turbo to spool with the pedal at wot from a rolling start of about 5mph.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
So its runnin' a stock tune? Do you have a tuner of some kind? I was just thinkin' that if maybe the pcm has an issue with its program a tune might help.

golfer

Reaction score
..where were the injectors from?

boost & fuel is like the chicken & the egg....gotta have some fuel to make boost...ECM has to see boost to demand more fuel...

EGR valve stuck open? try disconnecting valve?

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
We had this same problem with a truck. Sounds exactly like what your dealing with and we pulled our hair out over it..

Truck wasn't running right and after some diagnosing, we came to the conclusion it was the turbo. So we ordered one put it on and nothing changed at all. If anything it got worse. But the turbo would finally light at around 3,000 rpm.

We figured, new turbo that couldn't be the problem so we go into diagnosing more in depth and couldn't find anything! We finally threw in the towel and ordered another turbo....

We got the new turbo in, put it on, what do ya know runs perfect now!
Apparently there was a "blocked" oil passage not allowing the vanes to work properly. I would at least try another turbo cause this sounds exactly like what we dealt with! Good luck!

G Racing

Reaction score
The injectors are stockers from the old engine. Yea I know. I wasn't the one that done the engine swap. The egr isn't stuck open. The turbo is new. I can manually open and close the turbo with the ids and can here the change in the turbo sound and it shows to be changing on the position. Everything checks out like it should. The turbo just won't lite so it's down to the turbo, the injectors, or computer or a combo of the three. Guess I can pull the injectors and have them
Flow tested.

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
Yep... We could manually do it to, hear the change.. But not change at all in performance. It wouldn't smoke one single bit... But when it lit it ran like a raped ape.

G Racing

Reaction score
Hmmmm. Same thing here. Around 3k rpm the turbo will start to come In and it will start to pull hard. just nothing down low where it's needed.

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
Yep same exact thing here. Not gonna lie we pulled our hair out for weeks and never thought it could possibly be that new turbo but sure enough it was. It would make it easy if you had one you could throw on there to see. But I would try it...

G Racing

Reaction score
yea, I don't have a spare laying around. I'm going to talk to the company that he got it from and see if they will exchange it.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You can change the vanes....but what about the shaft stuck or something slowing it down. Either way though I would think it to blow massive amounts of smoke. I have a 04 turbo that works if you wanna borrow it. :shrug:

G Racing

Reaction score
I'll try to see if they will exchange it first. If not I might look for a loaner lol
:fustrate::fustrate::fustrate::fustrate:

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Just PM me. It's just chillin on the shelf at the moment.

Latest posts

Members online