Mad Turbo Werks stage 3:

oconnors17

Reaction score
How do you guys get one of these mad turbo works turbos, I have been calling and leaving voice mails for about 2 weeks. Im trying to put together a race truck/pulling truck. How big is the stage 3 and the stage 4 what size injectors are they able to clean up? How much horse power can a guy expect? These are just a few questions I have.

GRKNCK73

Reaction score
How do you guys get one of these mad turbo works turbos, I have been calling and leaving voice mails for about 2 weeks. Im trying to put together a race truck/pulling truck. How big is the stage 3 and the stage 4 what size injectors are they able to clean up? How much horse power can a guy expect? These are just a few questions I have.

The reason you can't get in touch with them is they 'shut things down' for a bit to catch up. They also needed some time to get the new shop set up. They've stated on here that they will be taking new orders in a couple more weeks...Try to PM Nate (windrunner408) or Matt (Mwilbur516). They'll get you the info and help you need. Helped me out a lot.
Good luck with your build. Sounds like a Stage 4 or 5 is where you're headed

I'm using 190/100s with my Stage 3 (when I get it, hopefully by Friday:thumbup:

the chad

Reaction score
To my knowledge, the best times still to this day is a 12.5 with the stage 3 a 190/100s. It will clean up 190s to a haze. It's a 68. The stage 4 I don't believe has any numbers yet and I believe that's a 70.8? Need to get Nate or Matt in here to verify

carolinastroker04

Reaction score
I'm running a stage 3 (68mm) with MPD 190/100. You could expect somewhere around 600 or a bit more depending on your set up with the stage 3. The turbo cleans up the injectors up just fine. You could probably even go a bit bigger with the stage 3 or alot bigger if you go with the stage 4.

the chad

Reaction score
I may be wrong but I though it was mainly the stage 1 guys that were having surging issues

JGman141

Reaction score
I know you guys are talking about the stage 3 but when I put on the stage 4 it surged some at first until the computer did a relearn and now it dosnt do it at all. I talked to Adrian when it was surging and he said its normal at first for a bigger turbo. And yes the stage 1's were the turbos that had surging issues.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Stage 3 and 4 have no surging issues at all. Well that is until the ecm learns what to do, takes about 50-100 miles of driving for the ecm. Other then that there is no surging, and now the stage 1 is also the same it has no surging, I decided to go with a billet wheel as standard. The cast was at 90% success, and now the billet has raised it to 99%, can't say 100 since you never know. The stage 3 has been changed up a little and comes with a different billet compressor wheel, dam thing flows as much as the stage 4 now. But I also have a new billet stage 4 wheel coming that will outflow the new stage 3 and past the stage 4 of present. Thanks for all the support and looking forward to stepping up the performance of the 3 & 4 one more time before I stop development on them.

One more thing I wanted to brig up, I have gotten caught up and ready to start building again. I will also try to keep turbos on shelf at all times if I can. Hired to guys to help with contact and tech help, and the web site has been refine. Thanks again

Last edited:

strokin6L

Reaction score
Awesome news that you are getting caught up adrian. Let's get some more Mad turbos out there. Can't wait for my upgrade.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
UPDATE:::

Just wanted to up date on some things. First off I got James's stage 4 turbo back and not happy with it. I tried a new tweek to the turbo for him, as well as mine and didn't work as good as I thought. Yes the power was insane but the reliability not so well. When I took the turbos apart his and mine I noticed that the front plate bearing was eating it's self. I will be building a regular stage 3 or four to send back to James, but me well I will keep playing with the tweek until it's good to go. Basically I stuffed a bigger turbine in then the production 3 and 4 that I sell to see what would be effected. I have tried some new things to the stage 3 I now have on the truck just because it's mine truck and it's part of research and development. I told James what I was going to do on his turbo that I sent him and he was ok with it, but now I will build a regular sized turbine wheel stage 4 for him, might be a stage 3. Why the change from stage 4 to 3 well while I wait for the new stage 4 compressor to come in I do have the new stage 3 wheels he might want to try it. I don't have anyone running the new stage 3 wheel until now, who ME. I just built the turbo and stuck it in the truck yesterday and drove to work. Let tell what I noticed about it, spool is faster, throttle response is great, better then old wheel. It is cleaning the 225/75, still need to get the fuel system upgraded and HPOP pressure up. At less than 1/4 throttle the truck will get to 60 mph very easy, at about 1000 rpm boost is coming on, I rolled into the throttle on way to work at 75mph, the boost climbed as soon as I pushed on throttle to about 20psi then bam the boost comes on so strong that the boost needle went from 20psi to 40psi right now, and I was only at 1/2 throttle. So I backed off and continued to get to work, when my shift ended I was driving back home and when I was close enough to the house I nailed the throttle down to see what it would do, fuel dropped to 20 psi, boost hit 20psi then bam 40psi, and then needle slowed enough to see it moving but still move quick all the way to 55psi one of the pipe boot blew off. I think with the fuel upgrade and the dual HPOP setup this turbo will hit 60psi very easy. It is one nasty turbo and if the upgrades I did can hold together then it will be a great turbo. The turbo feels stronger then the stage 4 I have right now, until I get the new wheels in for that one. I will keep members updated on this mad turbo. I will also after I get the truck back from Jesse Warren be taking some video of the speedo and run the track with it.

06f250powerstroke

Reaction score
good info adrain. thanks for not sending me my stage 4 knowing that it could possibley fail. I have no problem waiting untill you get it working the way you want it to. I put my 66/74/91 T4 back on today I will get some numbers with this setup then when i get the stage 4 i will do the same only changing turbo and uppipes

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
The stage 4 and stage 3 are fine with the gt 4094va turbine wheel, those are the ones that I build to sell. The bigger than 4094va turbine wheel is the one I built myself and built for James. James will be getting a stage 3 with the 4094va wheel in it, and the new stage 3 compress wheel, so far I like it better then the stage 4. Of course I have same 11 blade compressor wheel coming in for the stage 4, so it should make the stage 4 a nasty turbo.

the chad

Reaction score
I did 557/1206 on 190/75s and a stage 2 and 35 psi of fuel pressure, got a stage 3 now and it feels a ton stronger even in a street tune

strokin6L

Reaction score
Awesome Chad. I didn't know you upgraded to the stage 3. Is it Adrian's latest version with the new billet wheel? You gonna dyno it with the stage 3

the chad

Reaction score
Yeah man going to try, it's actually the one off my cousins truck, briar. Its the old cast version one if te first few he made. I'm about to be throwing together a fuel system soon. I need it bad

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Yeah man going to try, it's actually the one off my cousins truck, briar. Its the old cast version one if te first few he made. I'm about to be throwing together a fuel system soon. I need it bad

You've been talking about getting a new fuel system for at least 6 months now lol! You're girl must be draining you dry.....kinda like mine does for me :doh:

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

the chad

Reaction score
Randall, between that and boss cuttin ot ha I'm not sure where it goes!