Mad Turbo Werks stage 3:

Superblazin

Reaction score
I'm waiting on brown Santa to deliver the new version to test out! Hope he gets here this week!

GRKNCK73

Reaction score
Just picked my truck up tonight. Running the new Stage 3 with 190/100's.

Drive home after I picked it up was almost all highway. It was raining like hell, so it limited my testing ability. Gonna drive it more tomorrow, (as much as I can seeing that I gotta work ALL day and night), and then meet up with Rescue250 and Vivian on Friday for some live tuning.

I'll give a report back when I've got some news.

GRKNCK73

Reaction score
Oh yah, I almost forgot, I'll post my dyno results on here after the Saturday event at Cowles Ford in Woodbridge, VA. It's my first rodeo, so I'm not quite sure what to expect..., but I'm sure it will be fun.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I received some news today from Nate, a customer that bought a stage 3 from me went and had his truck live tuned at IDP. He was also at Virginia dyno event and the dyno broke on his truck so he didn't get a number. He has the basic mods on his truck, running 190/100 injectors, stock transmission, 35" tires with 3:73 gears.

The first dyno number with a mail tune netted 550rwhp, after Eric did his live tuning on the truck it made 605rwhp. He is running the new stage 3 with the 11 blade billet wheel. Now Brair's truck put down 623rwhp on same dyno, difference was Brair had stock tire size with stock gearing and a built transmission. 18rwhp difference is not bad considering the tire size power loss. Also Eric runs trucks in overdrive not 5th gear, so number are going to be low. Brair took his truck to the track and showed that his truck as at 650-660rwhp, and so would this truck. So that is two trucks that made over 600rwhp on same dyno with a live tune at IDP, I have said that Brair's truck was no fluke and is wasn't. As long as your truck is a good solid truck to start with, you can put 190/100 in it and stage 3 turbo and get over 600rwhp, if tuned right.

Nate also told me that the customer is a little upset that the spool isn't there. He told me what he was having and I believe that he needs little more fuel to fire the turbo off faster, also think he needs to have the converter loosened up to get what he needs.

GRKNCK73

Reaction score
Ok, I am very proud to say that the 'customer' Adrian is referring to is me. Once I figure out how to post my dyno sheet I will have it up.

My truck did 606 rwhp on Eric's dyno. It was awesome and so was Eric. He answered all my questions without hesitation and gave me great customer service. Most importantly, the truck runs like a beast. Adrian's Stage 3 is no joke. It's a real powerful turbo and I'm real pleased with it.

As far as the spool up, I'm not 'upset' Adrian. All is good. I gotta drive it a bit to get used to how it's now running. And I'm a firm believer that these trucks, or at least mine, needs a couple weeks of in town and highway driving to really get used to and learn the programming of any new tune. So I am not ready to pass any kind of judgement on spool up. I think things will continue to get better with time.

And the reality of it is that I haven't really even pounded on it yet. I haven't installed any traction bars yet or done any tranny work, so I'm a little worried about these 35's, with all their rubber and heavy weight, grabbing hot asphalt and something getting broke.

BTW, what do you guys think about CalTrac's traction bars. I kind of like how they aren't too visible. I like being a creeper truck and I kind of want to stay away from any traction bars that are too showy. But I still want something that works well and lets my suspension travel.

Anyway, thanks again Adrian and Eric. I'd also like to give a big shout out to Adam at Stroker's unlimited for doing all the work building my truck. They (Adam and Ricky) did a solid job putting it together. Not only is everything dialed in and solid, they made the engine bay look real nice and neat, and even painted my intercooler piping as a surprise gift. Thanks everyone for everything

GRKNCK73

Reaction score
DynoPete's Truck 6-8-13.jpg

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Good deal Pete. Glad Eric got you fixed up with a good live tune. Now let's get that firm on the track.:thumbup:

sent from the shop making things fly.....

GRKNCK73

Reaction score
Definitely Adam! Any suggestions on a track? I've never been to one before.

Also, I'm gonna be needing some traction bars soon. Thinking of going with the Cal-Tracs...whatdaya think? Not sure if you figured out a design on yours yet. I'm thinking of putting some up front, too, so I have a good 4wd launch.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
As far as tracks go we have Richmond, summerduck, and Budds Creek in MD. We are having a diesel day on the 14th at summerduck if you can make that. Its only 1/8th mile, but will give you a good idea and some practice. Now the traction bars, that's a personal thing. There have been many debates on here, and other sites. Have used/installed most of the big names out there, and they all work. I am reworking mine, and gonna be more of a ladder style. You also mentioned the front. I would recommend RCD's three link for that. One of the best on the market in my opinion, and the only one I've felt with so yes I am a little biased, but fitment was a plus, and absolutely beautiful.

GRKNCK73

Reaction score
Those look nice. Which Caltrac model are those? Did everything you need come with the order? any welding or all bolt-on

the chad

Reaction score
I had to get shorter u-bolts bc I have the blocks taken out of the rear. Other than that very simple bolt on install besides gettin them bushings out

stonepusher

Reaction score
Caltrac will send you U Bolts to work with whatever you need for your application......just got tell them what you are doing. Doesn't take long at all to install, all bolt on.

Last edited:

doubledrop

Reaction score
You also mentioned the front. I would recommend RCD's three link for that. One of the best on the market in my opinion, and the only one I've felt with so yes I am a little biased, but fitment was a plus, and absolutely beautiful.

Just to clarify... Doesn't RCD just sell OUO's three link??