Mad Turbo Werks stage 3:

the chad

Reaction score
Briar is my cousin, he got his truck live tuned by Eric. Briar Landon is his name try throwing that at him, it dynoed like 630 something and did a 12.5

GRKNCK73

Reaction score
That's cool and makes sense. I got my tune from him right after he tuned Briar's truck. I'm sure he'll get you squared away.

Nate, the file Eric sent was "FRT4-XP09131174FCE-XtremeXInjMS3.cef". If you happen to run across your tune file's name could you cross reference? Thanks man.
Just FYI, Eric didn't write anything in the email, he just sent me the file. I was hoping he may write something like "Yes, this is Briar's file, have fun with it" or something like that...but now I'm left guessing:cursing:

GRKNCK73

Reaction score
Briar is my cousin, he got his truck live tuned by Eric. Briar Landon is his name try throwing that at him, it dynoed like 630 something and did a 12.5

the chad, appreciate the info, but Eric already sent the tune around 11am this morning...so I hope its the same one...Guess we will see how the truck runs after its done with the build and we load this file....
Hopefully it performs like your cousins and we have another BadA$$ MTW Stage 3 on the road.

the chad

Reaction score
Bout to say Eric will take care of you know matter what! Should run good! Nice fun dd setup

Superblazin

Reaction score
Hey Adrian, Pete here. I actually am one of the guys waiting on a Stage 3. Got my order in a couple weeks before you shut things down.
We will be going to build it out as soon as the turbo arrives. Anything special I should know? Since I just joined this site I will list my engine mods here and then update my sig later: Truck is 2006 ECSB SRW 6.0 4x4 Lariat
Banks CAC
Elite Diesel Stage 2 fuel system
S&B Intake
4" Magnaflow Turbo back
58v BPD FICM
SCT Tunes by Eric - will be getting some live tuning by Vivian after build and during May 11 event
BPD Waterpump
Sinister Coolant Filter
ARP headstuds
During build we will be installing: Ported intake manny by Josh, Stage 3 MTW Turbo, 190/100's Full Force injectors, Strokers ypipe and uppipe coated and gaskets, 4" downpipe (for some reason mine is still 3.5" now), chromoly pushrods, valvetrain upgrade,
Transmission is stock 5R110. We will be installing direct drive solenoid during build

Buddy, you are so going to enjoy the ride!!! Stage 3 with you combo kicks Ass! I had the stage 3 with 205's!! Don't worry about Brairs tune!! Eric now his shiz! Take what he gives you data log and he will tweak to your personal likes from there!!

GRKNCK73

Reaction score
Buddy, you are so going to enjoy the ride!!! Stage 3 with you combo kicks Ass! I had the stage 3 with 205's!! Don't worry about Brairs tune!! Eric now his shiz! Take what he gives you data log and he will tweak to your personal likes from there!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. It's encouraging. A little stressful on the first build, y'know what I'm saying right?! You spend crazy amounts of money and time, your wife thinks you are crazy while your buds can't wait to go for a ride and you have those brief moments of self doubt and are left wondering for a hot second "is all this stuff gonna work?" " am I gonna f#*k up my ride, my pride and joy?" And then you get some positive feed back and it's like BAM! Big ole confident street dragging bull nuts grow right back!! Ok that might of been a little much...bu everyone's been there...and knows what I'm sayin

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I like to stay on positive side of things but with the way dynos go for me expect 600rwhp and if you get more than it's a happy surprise. Nate did 605rwhp with stage 3 and a defueled tune for a stage 2, if your truck has a healthy fuel system and hit a loaded dyno with a good operator you should get better than Nate's number for sure, but take it down the track to get a better comparison of both dyno and track.

GRKNCK73

Reaction score
I will definitely try to get it down the track...problem is I work almost every Friday night and that's when the track are usually open around here. I'm probably gonna run it at Richmond Dragway at the end of May.

BTW, is there a discussion or forum on here that talks about running the truck to 100mph in 4wd? Kinda worried about that. Any opinions or direction to the right forum would be much appreciated.

MorganY

Reaction score
I will definitely try to get it down the track...problem is I work almost every Friday night and that's when the track are usually open around here. I'm probably gonna run it at Richmond Dragway at the end of May.

BTW, is there a discussion or forum on here that talks about running the truck to 100mph in 4wd? Kinda worried about that. Any opinions or direction to the right forum would be much appreciated.

I've gone 107 in 4WD. Don't worry about it. Got 200,000 miles on my transfer case too.

GRKNCK73

Reaction score
I'm sorry for this derail...thanks for everyone being so polite. :bowfast: couldn't find another thread to go over this stuff...I'm still trying to figure out the right keywords for good searches

Ok, so, thanks gents for the 4wd responses. I feel better about it now.
How about boosted launch techniques for the track. I heard 14 psi is the optimal launch boost pressure...after that just quickly continue to apply pressure to the throttle and drive straight...pretty simple right?

the chad

Reaction score
Every track and truck will be different. Some tracks your not going to be able to hook as good as others. I'd start lower and work your way up till you start spinning. Make sure you air your tires down too, that will help traction. Do you have any traction bars or anything like tht?

davey99ps

Reaction score
Instead of launching off of a certain boost pressure, go off of rpm's. Start low an work your way up till you start hopping

GRKNCK73

Reaction score
Every track and truck will be different. Some tracks your not going to be able to hook as good as others. I'd start lower and work your way up till you start spinning. Make sure you air your tires down too, that will help traction. Do you have any traction bars or anything like tht?

Ok. My max tire pressure as stated on the side wall is 65psi. I daily drive at 45psi. Maybe deflate to 30psi? I will have traction bars in the rear (at least) installed by the time I go to the track. Adam at Strokers Unlimited is gonna custom build a set for me that he wants to try out...LOVE being the guineau pig for new mods!! Thanks.:toast:

Instead of launching off of a certain boost pressure, go off of rpm's. Start low an work your way up till you start hopping

Sound like a good plan. I hate to waste a run, but experimenting will be the only way to go and get it dialed in right. Thanks for the advice. Gonna use both of your recommendations.:toast:

carolinastroker04

Reaction score
I know I'm a bit late on the thread but I'm the guy who bought Briar's old truck. After we got the hpop, hp oil leaks and injectors fixed, the turbo spools much better. The tuning is live tuned by IDP. Its ExtremeX Early Lock. But I run Extreme Street around town and have had no problem getting the turbo spooled with it either. Ran it at Rudy's for the first time with the Stage 3. Times weren't very good. The tune is defueling the motor and I have OEM tires. Has anybody on here run a stage 3 with Gearheads SRL?

Last edited: