Madmans build thread

madman1234509

Reaction score
Turbos are out at powdercoating, heads are on. Pushrods will hopefully be ordered from Rykan soon. All piping is going to be polished, which will look sick. ATI damper is on. Bunch of small stuff getting done here and there.

Oh, and GRACING is going to hold some 20x10 BMF REPRS for me when they gey in. Those plus my lowering springs and some 33s should look pretty awesome. Ill probably go to TS in sleeper status though :naughty:

Attachments

• CAM00101.jpg
    CAM00101.jpg
    852.2 KB · Views: 209

B585Ford

Reaction score
I can't remember your original setup...just curious as to what bent the original pushrods?

madman1234509

Reaction score
Stock with gearhead tunes, exhaust, intake. 92k miles, 5k tuned. It wasnt drastic. But if you rolled them on a metal table there was a slight wobble to them.... I was surprised. Ive been big on leaving them stock. But due to them being slightly distorted Im upgrading.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Stock with gearhead tunes, exhaust, intake. 92k miles, 5k tuned. It wasnt drastic. But if you rolled them on a metal table there was a slight wobble to them.... I was surprised. Ive been big on leaving them stock. But due to them being slightly distorted Im upgrading.

Thanks. I thought your build was "mild" and I have always planned to upgrade someday (more for piece of mind so I thought), but this kinda shows me the importance of not putting it off forever.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Still looking for individual intercooler boots. The longer one for the bottom of the intercooler and the shorter one for the top. They have the reverse groove on them. Played phone tag with elite a couple times, and still open to other options. Someone has to sell individual boots.... What do people do when they blow a single boot? Rudys will only sell the whole diesel site kit. Any opinions?

madman1234509

Reaction score
They look like generic boots that probably dont have the reverse bead roll that the stock piping has, it would be on the inside of the boot. Do the diesel site boots have the inside rib to hold better?

RSK

Reaction score
what gear head tune were you in and how far did you rev your truck out to? because i'm gear head tuned, and have been for over 5,000 miles and i'm about to hit 96,000 miles. I plan on doing push rods, and all that good stuff in my build for 1000hp as well...

madman1234509

Reaction score
I reved the truck pretty high sometimes. I doubt its anything related to a specific tune. I ordered push rods from Rudys, received them, but they appeared to be 3 piece push rods, although the guy on the phone from Rudys claimed they arent, when I called about returning them. There was an obvious seam near the ball on each end that looked like it was made of seperate pieces. Im sure they work and plenty of people use them, but I wanted one piece push rods. The Elite Stage 2s I originally wanted were supposedly 4-6 weeks out per the guy at Rudys. So.... I sent the ones from Rudys back, and ordered a set of one piece push rods from Trend Performance which have a larger diameter then the ones from rudys.

Got my turbo housings back from powdercoat. All of the rest of the stainless will be polished. Also, making a custom gauge cluster to sit on the dash in front of the steering wheel towards the windshield, had the upholstery guy come to match the color and texture of the dash so it matches.

Attachments

• 1396035349.jpg
    1396035349.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 140