• CAM00120.jpg
    CAM00120.jpg
    647.1 KB · Views: 157
  • CAM00119.jpg
    CAM00119.jpg
    581.4 KB · Views: 148

madman1234509

Reaction score
Gauge pod fabbed. Off to the upholstery guy tomorrow to get material to match the dash.

Attachments

• 1396132710.jpg
    1396132710.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 1396209905.jpg
    1396209905.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 153

ingrahams

Reaction score
looks great, how did you do your wheel well (liner) and how did you route your harness's and a/c lines? still trying to clean up a few things on mine.
-Stew

madman1234509

Reaction score
Still working on the harness and ac lines. I think the harness was going to be heat wrapped and routed around the outside of everything along the fender. I dont know if we had to mod the ac lines too awful much. We havent started on the fender yet, but if I recall he had sheets of the plastic material that we used for snowflaps on our race sleds, we may shape it and rivet it to the stock fender liner.... Again, we havent mentioned much about it yet. Ill def take some pictures for you though..

All we are waiting on to finalize the motor is the push rods. Then everything will go back on.

RSK

Reaction score
Still working on the harness and ac lines. I think the harness was going to be heat wrapped and routed around the outside of everything along the fender. I dont know if we had to mod the ac lines too awful much. We havent started on the fender yet, but if I recall he had sheets of the plastic material that we used for snowflaps on our race sleds, we may shape it and rivet it to the stock fender liner.... Again, we havent mentioned much about it yet. Ill def take some pictures for you though..

All we are waiting on to finalize the motor is the push rods. Then everything will go back on.

Seems like you have plenty of fuel and a lot of air for 1000 on fuel only! I'm gonna see if a 59/75 can get me there with a little nitrous. Guys have done 700 on stock fuel with only a 72, so i figure add a little more air add some fuel and 900-950 is there easy. Then with a small stage it should hit 1000 and then go to the track and back that up with a 10.99 pass or maybe a little faster and i can rest easy! And think up a new goal!

Last edited:

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
That's a pretty big turbo size difference but good luck hope all is good

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Low 800's with the 75/59 is proven capable. And 1000+ with spray is also proven. But 900+ on fuel is not really gonna happen except on a very lenient dyno. To hit 1000 hp on fuel takes a lot more to get past. These trucks kinda hit a wall around 900 on fuel.

RSK

Reaction score
Low 800's with the 75/59 is proven capable. And 1000+ with spray is also proven. But 900+ on fuel is not really gonna happen except on a very lenient dyno. To hit 1000 hp on fuel takes a lot more to get past. These trucks kinda hit a wall around 900 on fuel.

Hmm thanks for the insight. Looks i'll do some more reading and searching and figure out which way i'm gonna go. I'm certainly not buying everything twice. So its getting done right the first time. If it needs 150hp in spray then it will get it. But the less nitrous the better.

Reaction score
keep in mind that the same dyno that a 71 with a stock vgt makes 750, a 75/59 may make 850+. Ryan made 800 something with a 71 and stock vgt on a dyno before. So a dyno is subjective. Some read very tight some read really loose.

RSK

Reaction score
keep in mind that the same dyno that a 71 with a stock vgt makes 750, a 75/59 may make 850+. Ryan made 800 something with a 71 and stock vgt on a dyno before. So a dyno is subjective. Some read very tight some read really loose.

Ryan did 860 with the 71. I pm'd him a few questions. I plan to run the truck at the track how it sits a few times and dyno it with added air, go to the track with the added air, and then dyno and go to the track when i think its done. So between both of them it should be tuned pretty well and i'll know what its at for power.

madman1234509

Reaction score
So, still on the to do list...
-Wire gauges, including bp and boost references.
-Make a bracket on the drivers side valve cover to mount my pressure regulators for the waste gates, and fuel pressure regulators.
-Mount fuel cell which the bracket for was finished tonight
-Mount and wire the 3 low pressure fuel pumps, including the hans switch
-Plumb the fuel pumps to the fuel cell and fuel pressure regulator
-Mount fuel cooler
- install push rods which will finish up the motor
-finalize installation of the injection pumps and system
-route waste gate lines for boost referece
-get some tunes from gearhead
-polish all intake piping

I think I am missing some, we had close to a page of random things to do. But thats some of it. Its definitely getting close, and Im not sure what to think after 3 years of saving and planning, I just cant believe its almost done...

Funny thing is I already have a list of things I want to do once this is done..... Before I build the motor and spray the bajesus put of it.

B585Ford

Reaction score
So, still on the to do list...
-Wire gauges, including bp and boost references.
-Make a bracket on the drivers side valve cover to mount my pressure regulators for the waste gates, and fuel pressure regulators.
-Mount fuel cell which the bracket for was finished tonight
-Mount and wire the 3 low pressure fuel pumps, including the hans switch
-Plumb the fuel pumps to the fuel cell and fuel pressure regulator
-Mount fuel cooler
- install push rods which will finish up the motor
-finalize installation of the injection pumps and system
-route waste gate lines for boost referece
-get some tunes from gearhead
-polish all intake piping

I think I am missing some, we had close to a page of random things to do. But thats some of it. Its definitely getting close, and Im not sure what to think after 3 years of saving and planning, I just cant believe its almost done...

Funny thing is I already have a list of things I want to do once this is done..... Before I build the motor and spray the bajesus put of it.

Somehow I missed the 3 LP pumps. What are you going to be using?

madman1234509

Reaction score
I have a walbro gsl392 pumping from the stock tank to a fuel cell. Then one gsl392 pumping consistently from the fuel cell to the regulator, and another 392 that will pump the same, but will be on a boost switch and will turn on at 20ish psi. No need to run both and circulate all of the fuel when its not needed, reasoning for the switch. And, if one pump ever fails, they can be easily moved around to be able to get the truck to where its going.

Latest posts

Members online