MADPOWERSTROKE

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I can answer for him,all theturbos so far that I built have no surging problems at all.They don't lug or smoke at all unless you go wot and than just a puff and then no smoke.Surging was one of the concerns I had,so I sorted that out first,bfore doing the rest.:pint:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Have you had any surging with this Turbo expesially when your lugging and you roll into the throttle?
No surging. I've even tried to get it to surge by lugging it, but no dice. This thing is about as smooth as any thing you could ask for.

On another note, today my mom needed me to change the oil in her Escalade, so she brought it over to the house. I drained it, removed the old filter, but when I started to install the new one I noticed it was the wrong filter. My wife was about to leave in her car and I can't let anyone that isn't an employee drive my company vehicle, so that left my truck. I gave her the keys and her filter to go get another one. I didn't program it back to stock or to a lower HP tune, just let her go in what I believe to be a 490-500rwhp truck. Didn't say anything to her about my "tests" as she was now a subject. All I asked was that she allow it to cool to at least 400*EGT before shutting down and wait for the glow plugs to cycle before cranking up.

When she got back I hit her with a bunch of questions about her driving experience. I asked how it felt and what she thought about the throttle response. She said, "It feels good, you push the accelerator and it just goes. It drives very well. It feels smaller than it is." She also commented that it's easy to get moving too fast. Keep in mind that over the last 16 years my mom has owned a Mustang, 2 Trans Ams, 2 Escalades and a 2006 Corvette. She knows what quick throttle response is.

To me, this says a couple different things. 1, If the truck was laggy on the bottom end, she would've noticed it. 2, Chris's tunes are great. They work awesome with this turbo. Drives like a gasser till' you hit the skinny peddle, then it takes off like a raped ape and leaves the gasser's in the dust. This turbo and the SPD tune are a great combo for those of you looking to make a purchase from MTW. 3, The turbo works well enough to provide a smooth consistent daily driver and enough power to head out to the track or smoke anyone who decides to pick a fight on the street.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Hey Chris,
Right now Adrian is working on converting a 4094va (aka: duramax stage 2, hopefully aka: MTW Stage 3) I forget all the specs on it but it is a 68x94mm compressor wheel I believe with a gt40 turbine wheel. Once he gets his modded and it for sure works, I am going to pull the trigger and mod one so him and I both can test these out. We'll head down to Bill @ PHP for some tuning action to see what they are able to put out. The thing though is if it does work, this turbo will have the ability to be water cooled as well.

Strokin304

Reaction score
I must of missed it but how do you get one?? I can get 2 LLY turbos just wanting to know what I have to do to get one for my truck?

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Prices have been discussed, but that was before Adrian was hooked up with Dozers Diesel. The prices were removed due to hurt feelings and forum rules. Which turbo are you looking for?

Strokin304

Reaction score
I am looking for the durastroke LLY turbo...and is there a core charge or discount if i send in two LLY stock turbos with my stock turbo?

windrunner408

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure Adrian is ready to release prices as he is still "testing" and isnt ready for a full release yet of his turbos. I'll let him fill in the details.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
You my friend need to PM Adrian directly. Shoot a PM saying you have 2 LLY's and your stocker and see what he says. I know the LLY's are harder to come by. He's MADPOWERSTROKE. Tell him what you have and what you want.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Ok,I ordered the 4094va and it's coming to the Mad "LAB" to transform into the latest MAD stage 3,:clapping:Tooling should be done end of week,so basically two weeks for first 4094va powerstroke.:biggun:

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Ok,I ordered the 4094va and it's coming to the Mad "LAB" to transform into the latest MAD stage 3,:clapping:Tooling should be done end of week,so basically two weeks for first 4094va powerstroke.:biggun:

Need a tester with 190/100's?

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

windrunner408

Reaction score
Need a tester with 190/100's?

Once he gets it so it functions as a turbo, i.e. is able to spin at idle, actuate the vanes, and spool up and be driveable; I am going to pull the trigger on one to have him mod so he can have two going for testing.

Fox hunt

Reaction score
I got me a LLY turbo, can't wait for the day that I ship it off so it comes back MAD.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online