Marty's Diesel Fuel Systems

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It went from 60 - 45. We were also running out of fuel towards the end of the day so that figure might be skewed. Earlier in the day I didn't see any drop. The walbro kit on a 6.0L did 575 on fuel. The A-1000 kit is now on there and the fuel pressure hasn't dropped at all. Then again we haven't ran it that low on fuel either.

Gotcha. That's not horrible...I thought you meant it dropped to 15 psi...

The a1000 would probably be better suited for 205s

Marty

Reaction score
Gotcha. That's not horrible...I thought you meant it dropped to 15 psi...

The a1000 would probably be better suited for 205s

Maybe, we didn't pickup mph or et switching to the A-1000. Also, on the street romping around and what most people would do 99% of the time we never saw it budge. I really feel the time we saw it drop was because of low fuel and launching at the track.

FWIW, just got off the phone with two 7.3L customers that have 250/100's and a walbro full kit. Neither have seen the fuel pressure move since the install.

Last edited:

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Move over PSN. The new best PSD site has arrived!!!

I had 1 a1000 fail...and I sent it back to aero motive...they sent me a new one...but the explanation the tech Gave me was pretty cool...

According to him by theory all a1000 will fail when run with the style regulated return we all use. He said by design the regulated returns cause alot of positive pressure feeding back into the pump from the engine...

Ever heard of this?

Marty

Reaction score
No, when you order an A-1000 the box it comes in has instructions on running it in a bypass regulator system. Part of the reason you do a regulated return system on the pump is to keep cool fuel flowing through the pump. That's how the pump cools itself. If you run it in a deadhead style fuel system fuel will collect inside, heat up, and that causes failures with them.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
No, when you order an A-1000 the box it comes in has instructions on running it in a bypass regulator system. Part of the reason you do a regulated return system on the pump is to keep cool fuel flowing through the pump. That's how the pump cools itself. If you run it in a deadhead style fuel system fuel will collect inside, heat up, and that causes failures with them.

yup. The guy at Aeromotive was misunderstanding you.

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
yup. The guy at Aeromotive was misunderstanding you.

I agree with you guys..

His fix was to regulate accordingly before & after the heads...but feed both ends of the head, and return through the factory port on the fpr , with a new line, back to the tank

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
nice to see someone got with the program, and using swivel unions.

i hated all the kits i have seen with the jumper hoses to connect the filter heads to the pump. looked like chit.

Marty

Reaction score
nice to see someone got with the program, and using swivel unions.

i hated all the kits i have seen with the jumper hoses to connect the filter heads to the pump. looked like chit.

I've been doing it for awhile. Unfortunately getting filter bases was tricky. Well I now have $3,000 in filter bases sitting here due to a back order dilemma. Time to sell!

i would really like something like this for my 6.7

Responded, we can see what we can do.

Marty

Reaction score
I agree with you guys..

His fix was to regulate accordingly before & after the heads...but feed both ends of the head, and return through the factory port on the fpr , with a new line, back to the tank

:wtf:

lol

38477348.jpg

Roots

Reaction score
Late to post cause I wanted to wait until I had a chance to wash truck before posting any photos, but doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

Full kit install by Marty's shop on a 2002 7.3L using an Aeromotive A-1000. Been very happy with it and have not seen any fueling issues on the street. Keeps up with 250/200's no problem. Have not had an opportunity to take it out to the strip.

Marty is a Powerstroke wiz, and will go above and beyond to make sure customers are happy. Standup guy to deal with. Kit itself has had a lot of careful consideration, and is well-designed.

Attachments

• 20130617_083124.jpg
    20130617_083124.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 253
  • 20130617_083147.jpg
    20130617_083147.jpg
    851.7 KB · Views: 226
  • 20130617_083215.jpg
    20130617_083215.jpg
    839.1 KB · Views: 262

David N

Reaction score
I have one of marty's last dual pump setups, and I have to say the quality is amazing. It went on the truck as easy as anything I have ever done. And it came with everything, plus a few extra fittings. Great kit!

Marty

Reaction score
Any pics of the 6.0 kit? Mainly the regulated return portion.

You can mount it on the alternator, map sensor or anywhere else that you deem appropriate. You have enough line and several extra fittings to be sure you aren't left stranded.