Motor Rebuild Help

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
a suggestion would be to let the machine shop handle all the internal motor work. it takes some serious know how to not mess something up, and makes someone else pay for the mistake should one arise. imo, that is not a diy, learn as you go, try to save money project. im not knocking your ability, but are you willing to potentially make that 5k+ mistake?

do all the external stuff, the bolt on stuff, etc etc. can you afford to be without the truck again while you do it again?

one of my favorite sayings, is you have to spend money to save money. there are just some things you really should leave to professionals.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Oh no, i completely understand. And i love learning as i go, but for the kind of build that i want, im going to let a well known shop do everything that im not 100% comfortable with. I dont have alot of tools, or knowledge on some of this stuff so im not going to attemp to mess things up. But as far as taking it apart, and putting just about everything back together i can do.

I seen someone told JHaddox to get the crank bullnosed. Someone explained it to me before, but is it worth it. And should i get it polished to. Im still trying to get a complete list so when i talk to these shops i can get a accurate quote.

Latest posts

Members online