Motor Rebuild Help

Big Bore

Reaction score
Should make for a solid bottom end. Let us know if we can help you out at all. Usually have most of those parts on the shelf ready to go...

Not to hijack but, if a guy needed a set of stock mahles with bowl edge relief, valve reliefs for stage II cam , and ceramic coated top and teflon coated sides could you guys handle that?

JDub

Reaction score
Not to hijack but, if a guy needed a set of stock mahles with bowl edge relief, valve reliefs for stage II cam , and ceramic coated top and teflon coated sides could you guys handle that?

You bet! Shoot me a PM or give us a call...

juniort444e

Reaction score
Any luck with your build lately?
Jake, no. I have serious a.d.d when it comes to this stuff sometimes. I was going to buy another members motor just to get my truck back on road, but parents thought it was waste of time and money. So now im stuck at school with no way to get home until next week when i have a nice break to work on it. Good news is i almost completed our 10x12 shed to start tearing the motors apart and figuring everything out. I will be needing another set of up pipes, with a wastegate. I will let you know when im ready for that tho.

Should make for a solid bottom end. Let us know if we can help you out at all. Usually have most of those parts on the shelf ready to go...
Thank you. I will keep that in mind. I need some machine work done, still not sure how im shipping the motor and heads out but def need a good shop to perform that stuff. So if you wouldnt mind sending me a pm on some of those prices for those processes i would need to get my build underway i would appreciate that.

To everyone else following this or cares as much as i do, i havnt even begun to dig into anything. Will start very soon tho. I just want to get everything striped down and send the block and heads out to get the machine work completed first. Then i can figure everything out from there.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Honestly no, that how my motor looks right now sitting under a tarp. It will be completely torn apart next week as i only have classes on monday and im golden to do alot of stuff til the following monday.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I need to take my block to swamps for machining and block fill. When I can the money.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Honestly no, that how my motor looks right now sitting under a tarp. It will be completely torn apart next week as i only have classes on monday and im golden to do alot of stuff til the following monday.

Dang, and I start a job on Monday. LOL Looks like you'll be getting ahead of me, I dont even have an engine stand that I trust this pig on. LOL

juniort444e

Reaction score
thanks bigal. Where did you get the bolts to use for connecting it to the motor. I know a buddy who lives close said it took him awhile to find the right ones.

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
I have a fastenal locally, as well as a few different bolt supplies, that I found them, but my local tractor supply probably would have had them as well.

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of much that harbor freight has to offer, but I have the folding hoist and stand, that I am pleased with for the price.

It runs decently, not like the higher end snapons and such that have ball bearing supports, but enough for me to complete all that I have needed to do.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Ok, here's the latest and greatest. Not much. But our shed is just about finished, going to put a temporary work bench up so i can strip truck and motors down tomorrow and have something to work on.

Im going to do a minimun build on the motor i got from RCH on here. Reason, im sick of not having my truck, plain and simple. I am going to buy new pistons and send the connecting rods out to get treated and checked. Doing the min because of time and money right now. Getting the truck back on the road and paying it off before i do the crazy build. Just tired of bumming rides and not being able to find a decent vehicle for cheap without having to dump money into it as well.

The blown motor is getting torn down and reusing everything.. studs, valve springs, push rods, up pipes and so on. The other motor i purchased off of RCH looks b e a utiful. So im going to clean it up, paint it and stick everything on it.

Quick question, since im putting new pistons in it due to low compression in a few cylinders, which head gaskets should i use. If stock is fine then thats what I will use. And do i still need machine work if im taking the heads off. The same heads are going back on the motor they came off, im not mix matching unless they are really messed up.

I dont want to dump aton of money into this motor for multiple reasons, some already mentioned. Main reason for new pistons 1. have to fix compression issues and 2. want coated pistons with bowl lip removed. I was going to try doing some port and polish work myself on the heads. Any one have tips on what to use or how to's.

Lastly to those who cant ever understand which route im going since my a.d.d always kicks in, I am doing this for already said reasons and my main worry is paying truck off rest of way and getting a bts, then and only then i am building a motor all out. Sorry for the confusion everyone but hope i cleared up some of it for you. Best part about doing it this way tho, is i get to have tunes that dont cater to PMR"s due to a huge turbo and bigger injectors.

Latest posts

Members online