MPD's "Project 6.0L Proving Grounds"

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Start were one of us would start.
Keep it simple.
Maximize everything you already have to show what just tuning and cheapies can get without studs and deletes.

When you hit the tipping point do the deletes studs and injs.
Then get stupid with trips.

SmokedF747

Reaction score
I'd have to say testing out larger injector sizes with different nozzle sizes to see when/if the ICP begins to drop off. (given a healthy hpop)

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
personally I would like to see..."poor mans mods"....starting with the lowest dollar amounts and working up from there.

totally stock + Ficm tune
totally stock + ficm tune and SCT
totally stock + injectors
small turbo upgrade + injectors(of various sizes)
medium turbo + (of various sizes)
etc etc etc

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Eric will more than likely be tuning this truck, and we will experiment with his ficm tuning.

I like what I see so far, keep the comments coming.

sootie

Reaction score
i like tanks idea.

i think it would be cool to start with the natural progression of mods and get hard progress numbers. (power gains and mileage)

intake,
exhaust,
tunes, canned, custom, ficm etc)
fuel upgrades (lp supply, regulated return etc)
driveline (TC, trans)
injectors (various sizes and types)
air upgrades, (IC, boost tubes, ported intake mani, cfm elbow etc)
turbos (fixed vane, vgt, various sizes)

but maybe i'm reading this wrong. is it kind of like a breaking point thing? or is it R&D on parts?

it is a very smart marketing ploy if executed correctly. i believe that most ppl dont start out by wanting a full on build. once the bug catches, it kind of ends up that way though.

i figure the bulk of performance money spent by ppl is the most basic mods. this would give ppl a budget and a way to define their own goals, potentially bring yourselves a good amount of business. Therefore, the most budget friendly and common mods will be the best return for yourselves in the long run.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Were going to the track friday night, for the first test. Going to get a baseline down for now and try a few tunes out. Were also going to try and video tape everything as well

Hellen Keller sent this?

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
personally I would like to see..."poor mans mods"....starting with the lowest dollar amounts and working up from there.

totally stock + Ficm tune
totally stock + ficm tune and SCT
totally stock + injectors
small turbo upgrade + injectors(of various sizes)
medium turbo + (of various sizes)
etc etc etc

I like this idea, IMO starting w/ bigger injectors goes over most peoples' heads immediately. Start from the bottom and work your way up. That'd definitely help me, trying to be a baller on a budget lol. And this way, the guys going w/ milder setups(or are planning to do so) can see what works well together instead of trial and error to find a suitable setup.

I'll definitely be paying close attention to this thread, I'll be replacing my injectors in the future, and going bigger(and adding air too), and I can't really afford to experiment…yet.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Don't know how possible it would be.....but turbo/injector test would be cool, find turbo/injector companies/shops willing to participate. Ask them to see what turbo goes best with 175/185/190/ etc......dyno, street, track results???

Off the wall request that I've always wanted to see.....
How long she'll redline LOL

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Trucks current status:
2005 f250 with 250,000 miles on it has egr delete and new oil cooler will be starting with brand new hpop, blue spring upgrade, exhaust and intake....base stock run, than add ficm tuner and run truck...than upload different companys tunes if they want to be apart of this if not eric@idp will be tuning it....we are gonna do baseline this Friday at the track!

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Fwi we are not making this into a race truck this will be as far as most people want to go the biggest setup will will do will be a s300 with 225cc later on

Dirty_Stroke

Reaction score
Don't know how possible it would be.....but turbo/injector test would be cool, find turbo/injector companies/shops willing to participate. Ask them to see what turbo goes best with 175/185/190/ etc......dyno, street, track results???

Off the wall request that I've always wanted to see.....
How long she'll redline LOL

That's something I've also wanted to see. I bet that 6.0 would sound awesome at 5500rpm and a straight pipe lol

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Were more than happy to test products for anyone willing to do that.

Hellen Keller sent this?

peixinho

Reaction score

I like this idea... everyone is all about track and dyno numbers... but there are lots of setups that do well on the track and/or dyno... but suck as daily drivers

Vanillaant

Reaction score
I'd like to see a colt stage 1 cam tested sort of as an only upgrade or only upgrade when comparing to some previous data point. As well as flow benched before and after heads. Perferably ported heads vs stock heads and cam and then ported heads vs stock heads with a cam. Keeping same turbo and injector combination for each test.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
were going to keep it simple, not opening up the motor or trans at this time.