Muffler suggestions?

FX44AU

Reaction score
This has probably been beat to death but are there any good options for mufflers that decrease the screeching from the exhaust at idle? I'm using the factory tailpipe right now with a Flo-Pro stainless race pipe. Soon I'll be installing a Magnaflow 5" *** back kit. I've heard good things about the 40" Donaldson mufflers but I don't want to completely kill the rumble...... just dampen it and remove as much of the screeching as possible.

*BigBlack*

Reaction score
Do you have the Flo-pro muffler? It helps some. I wish I had mine straight piped rather than the Flo-pro muffler. I'd trade ya😉

FX44AU

Reaction score
I don't have the full exhaust with muffler..... just the race pipe that goes between the down pipe and over axle pipe.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
I did an FTE short Resonator. It toned it down a little but is still pretty loud. Are you talking about the Hissing at Idle? Mine only Hisses till its warmed up then it goes into its rumbling.

FX44AU

Reaction score
I did an FTE short Resonator. It toned it down a little but is still pretty loud. Are you talking about the Hissing at Idle? Mine only Hisses till its warmed up then it goes into its rumbling.

Yes. I noticed today too that it really quiets down once the truck is warmed up. I may just wait until I get the new tail section installed and then decide. I'm thinking the tone may change a little since I'm replacing the 3 1/2" tail pipe with 5".

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I used a 24" Magnaflow muffler...it's perfect imho.
I have the 4" FloPro pipe with 5" Magnaflow *** back.
Where are you located? You can hear it in person if you happen to be near Houston.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I don't...videos never sound the same anyway. Not to me at least.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
I agree, they don't. But it's still a decent idea of what it would sound like. Lol I'm in Midland, so a little far away to get a listen. Did you get any drone before the muffler?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
None whatsoever. It's dead quiet on the road no matter what speed I'm running or if I'm towing or not.

FX44AU

Reaction score
I'm in Alabama so it would be a bit of a drive. LOL

Thanks for the offer though. Did the muffler reduce the turbo whistle?

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Lol so do I. My trucks not exactly quiet with this setup. Oh well! I just want a muffler for people that ride with me on the highway. Doesn't bother me but I know they hate it. Not sold her on getting s muffler though. I love how it sounds.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
I guess I'm young enough to where it doesn't bother me lol 90% of the miles I drive are highway. Been averaging around 1000 miles a week for the past 4 months or so. I would probably love a muffler lol

FX44AU

Reaction score
Leaving early in the mornings is also part of the reason I'm doing it. I leave anywhere from 5:30-6:30 every morning and I know the neighbors are sure to be getting pissed.

I'm going to order something tonight..... can't decide if I want to try the shorter Donaldson, FTE resonator or an Aero 4040XL. I just hope whatever I do doesn't kill the turbo whistle.

Notneb

Reaction score
If I worked a job where I had to leave early I'd def get Unbroken's setup. But as it is, I don't so ha! But even so, my tires are louder than this truck is with a 5" straight pipe, if you're driving normal. Should talk to your neighbors, most the noise in the morining is the turbo, not a lot of reverberation in that hz level, they might not hear it... I know my cummins is much more noticeable in the morning, but my neighbors said they don't hear the ford leave.

Latest posts

Members online