Multiple Catastrophic Failure week old truck

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Guess I forgot to show you the problem here!
d1a8ef78a6225f198e34857589d5f567.jpg
e3d9cd0ca72beb4d9b477c2b844d33cd.jpg
b500113aca1faae0351a9b7177c71232.jpg

Melted #1..
gouged the block

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I typically use a self tapper and a small slide hammer, at least of it has the big green metal lip on it. If its the old style, just pull the pump cover and use a cut off wheel to pull the wear ring. Ford actually does not have a tool for the new seals.

Roccafellas

Reaction score
I typically use a self tapper and a small slide hammer, at least of it has the big green metal lip on it. If its the old style, just pull the pump cover and use a cut off wheel to pull the wear ring. Ford actually does not have a tool for the new seals.

Cut off wheel to pull the wear ring...
is this serious? Lol just asking I don't know any better..

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yup. Go real slow and dont cut into the crank... If you get it about half way you can split it with a chisel.

Roccafellas

Reaction score
No way! Awesome. Thank you! Hoping you guys had an awesome weekend
Hopefully going to pull the driver head off today

Roccafellas

Reaction score
So DFC is out of the question, I'm going down to Niagara Falls tomorrow to pickup the Engine block, crank, rods, arp head studs and chromoly pushrods.. for $1000 maybe better..
I got rudy's diesel to quote me on a full rebuild kit all gaskets and International Maxxforce 7 HD pistons for $2600.00
Kind of expensive for me, is there anything I can get away with not buying from that kit? Anybody have head gaskets for sale? And or HD pistons? I might have to replace my hpfp and injectors too... just thoughts.
I am trying to save as much as I can.. anybody have any parts to sell?
What else do I need thats not on that list..
I keep searching and I am running around in circles.. never rebuilt an engine
Don't know what bolts to replace (one time use etc) what gaskets i can reuse
Lines I can reuse
What I can't..
Some advice would be appreciated..

Jonnydime

Reaction score
There is no such thing as owning a 6.4 and saving money. LOL LOL. Don't try to skimp on anything or cut corners or you will end right back where you are right now.

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Hey Guys!!
Just picked up all my parts from the guy for $1000.00 he was pretty cool, was working on an old 12 valve he's trying to get running.. he was honest, as me and my friend could see, said if I have any problem we know where he is. Anyways! This is what I got tell me if I did alright!?

Block-which looks actually to me pretty good.. better than i expected ill say, nice not crusty like mine on the exterior, interior looks good, cross hatches are all there.. all standard rings and bearings so never worked on..so he says..no gouges in it.
Bedplate, front cover and crank assembly Decent condition.. only have it if I need it. Front cover has some weird pitting going on inside i assume thats cavitation..
Cam and gear at end of cam?-looks good no visual wear i can see is irregular
Lower Oil pan-Bonus
Hpfp updated harness and cover-Bonus
2 glow plug harness's-Bonus *I broke one of mine
ARP head studs
Chromoly pushrods
River city 120lbs valve springs-don't know what these are for? Can I use them? He gave them to me..
And finally A full bore Cold Side Pipe, was so happy to see this. That was the cherry on top because I wanted one too I remember saying how squished the stock one was

Dropping it off at the machine shop tonight. We'll hear what he says this week! Going to try and get my old block to him too so he can see what I should use.. Just have to buy the lifters. And the Rudys kit I posted. Cross my fingers this is it!

Latest posts

Members online