My 6.0 build

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
You going to daily drive that 72?

Sometimes. My dad and I have a TDI we share for the most part so I drive that when I can. IMO I think the 72 should spool fine considering how fast the 66 spools and the 72 will have the same size exhaust housing as the 66 thats on the truck now

MorganY

Reaction score
That stall seems to be working well for you, good stuff. Haven't seen a 66 with 15-20lbs of boost laying into 2200rpms. Drove two 64 setups in person not light until the upper 2500 range on a stock stall

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
yeah the 2700 stall works well. Not going to lie, it is a little bit high but I think it will shine with the 72. This thing definitely lights quick and it seems to be fueling harder now that the trans is actually holding. I have some other vids just cruising around and one getting into it without the converter locking (stupid tuning...) maybe I'll post one up.

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
have you considered getting Matt @ Gearhead a chance on the tuning?

sootie

Reaction score
Yes. actually been talking to Greg about his gearhead tuning and I called Gearhead yesterday. Probably going to give it a go and see how it runs/shifts

you will love it. i wish i had gone that route earlier. he has 100% of my business from now on.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Just waiting to get a few extra bucks in my pocket then I'm doing it. Gotta pay for Hotel room for TS right now lol

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
It almost sounded like you were taking it easy, sounds good. BTW I like that bottom tint on the windshield, looks pretty easy to see through.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
LOL by the time I hit 3k it's doing 100.... Launched it a few times tonight need to get this trans dialed in. Gonna mess with the trans this week and hit Atco for test n tune next weekend

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Saw the truck on Instagram. Looks sick man! I even gave you a follow haha

Whats your name on there?

Wheels are on finally... had to break in Big Time Kustomz new lot and burn a little bit of 420s before heading to the MHT wheels open house today! FINALLY happy with how the truck looks and performs now just need to get my valve body sorted out and get it on the dyno and down the track. Oh and it's getting a 472 this week :)

IMG_5937_zps111d3fc9.jpg

IMG_5943_zps6a6c9c9a.jpg

IMG_5951_zpsac97b179.jpg

Latest posts

Members online