My 6.0 build

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
So are you for sure gonna respray the whole truck?

And you have a mostly black interior, don't you? Or did you ever finish blacking it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
So are you for sure gonna respray the whole truck?

And you have a mostly black interior, don't you? Or did you ever finish blacking it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about a full respray. Going to take it to a few shops to get estimates and see what they think. Should be able to get away with just painted the bed and maybe blending in to the rear of the cab and then respraying the gold two tone along the bottom, since the cab corners are being replaced. Either way it will probably get put on hold for a little since we just bought a house... LOL

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Congrats on the house. Truck should look good as always when back together.

Thanks! Truck is getting there. Cab is back on just need to do a coolant flush and get the fuel tank back in and it should be moving around again. Had to heli coil a valve cover bolt hole while it was up so glad my oil will now be staying in the engine LOL. Also have to replace the seal on the sump since that thing has been leaking forever... POS xdp sump.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
yeah it's depressing looking at how bad mine got. And I will NEVER do this job again. Such a nightmare

yea I said that too.....haha

Not sure about a full respray. Going to take it to a few shops to get estimates and see what they think. Should be able to get away with just painted the bed and maybe blending in to the rear of the cab and then respraying the gold two tone along the bottom, since the cab corners are being replaced. Either way it will probably get put on hold for a little since we just bought a house... LOL

congrats on the house Joshua...call me later well talk about it

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Cab is back on and truck is running again. Got a lot of small bull**** to tie up and make nice again. Just have to get the cab corners done and then the bed can go on.
59ecc3b0a7479cac92d3dd7259c368a4.jpg

TyCorr

Reaction score
Nobody around here wants to do mine. Wont do it because "there a lot of body work. So I called every place back and told them "ill replace all the rust with rust free takeoff pieces". Then they all said they probably wouldnt have time to sand all that down.

Kinda pisses me off... lazyazzes

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Nobody around here wants to do mine. Wont do it because "there a lot of body work. So I called every place back and told them "ill replace all the rust with rust free takeoff pieces". Then they all said they probably wouldnt have time to sand all that down.

Kinda pisses me off... lazyazzes

Everybody told me my truck was to big to fit in their paint booth.

dsberman94

Reaction score
My place wouldn't either. I've seen a cclb dually in their both. It's tighter actually maneuvering it into the booth than it is in the booth itself.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Thiel's auto body in Scranton. They do high end cars, Porsches, bmws, their 50s Mercury, and anything else they get, but you pay for the work too. Pay for what you get for sure.

swinky

Reaction score
I'm not getting a respray. Quality paint job is out of my budget. I'm wrapping it in my garage.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I'm not getting a respray. Quality paint job is out of my budget. I'm wrapping it in my garage.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I'll prob end up getting the least paintwork done possible. As long as it matches and looks good again. I thought about a wrap but I'm just not digging it. Paint is where it's at

TyCorr

Reaction score
Everybody told me my truck was to big to fit in their paint booth.

So what did you do?

I had my windshield replaced because it was leaking. The guy bitched and bitched and bitched...i set up scaffolding and did everything to help him. I even offered to help him i have suction cups etc...finally he took off while I was in the house. No shti. So i had safelite do it. Their tech bitshed too...then two days after it was done, lowboy chucked a rock into my windshield...cracked...

So i need that done and paint...guys are too proud around here..

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I'll prob end up getting the least paintwork done possible. As long as it matches and looks good again. I thought about a wrap but I'm just not digging it. Paint is where it's at
IF you decide to wrap it i have a buddy that works at a graphics shop and does wraps at his house on the side. He did all of these cars.
420a01076f604ffd7462d21ce980c07a.jpg

f857f232ac253d42b2c5bdb69aaf6144.jpg

553f53664409123cef632730140a109b.jpg

05470ed6b06fe7f193b7cb18e8069792.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.