My build so far...

Notneb

Reaction score
It tightens down fine, but when you're 5-7 threads in, it still has about 1/16" of play. It's an early plate, Mike had an old one in the office that he overnighted me to get me running and get my truck out of the hospital parking lot, lol. Anyways the fitting isn't the same type as the EGT probe, not a big deal. Btw I'm in no way saying the parts are to blame, I'm just trying to describe my unique circumstances.

And thanks for the vote of confidence!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I run Diesel Kleen gray bottle in mine, not sure what Jomax runs, and yes we're on summer fuel, no such thing as winter fuel down here in lovely southern AZ lol. 70 degrees in Jan...
you guys need to get ahold of jimdawg185 on here and get some lubrication engineers additive. chit is amazing!
I run fords additive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Jomax

Reaction score
So I suspect the stock EGT probe doesn't fit 100% with the EGT block off plate, it just wiggles too much like the tread type is off just a hair. Going to run to lowes and see if I can find some plugs that will work for now. I sprayed the area down with soapy water but without boost applied there's zero bubbles.

As for the follow up dyno, it's going to have to wait as I'm flying out soon for a job interview. But I'm 99% sure I've found the problem.

To run a stock EGT probe you need an adapter.

Jomax

Reaction score
you guys need to get ahold of jimdawg185 on here and get some lubrication engineers additive. chit is amazing!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

I probably should before the next dyno lol

Reaction score
Just a question, you keep saying that Jomax and your truck are dynoing 40hp apart. Was that on the same dyno, on the same day? Because otherwise, you really have nothing to compare. To many variables to say that your truck is low on power. Much less the differences in tires, gear etc.

There are a LOT of people who dyno in the 520-540 range with stock turbos on 2015+ trucks. That's really about the most realistic number for a tune only 2015+ truck.

And food for thought for anyone doubting, I had a customer with a 65.5 dynoing 615 with dual fuelers. Because of the dual fueler his 5" intake wouldn't fit. He emailed me and told me it was not making the power gains I had talked about. After I told him about the piping kit fitting with dual pumps and the need of getting his CAI back on, he bought one. After installing the piping kit and that allowing his CAI to fit again, he went from 615 (same dyno) to 645. Big difference right there.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
They were on the same dyno on the same day. Same hour same operator. Same sunshine and they were both wearing the same underware.

Notneb

Reaction score
To run a stock EGT probe you need an adapter.

Thought so, too much room between threads. Wonder if Mike has them, guess I'll bother him yet again...

And like CAT said Morgan, Jomax was with me. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy as hell that I'm putting those numbers down. I just want to make damn sure that's exactly what my truck is making with everything working the way it should.

540/1295 on a tune is just insane power, no matter how you look at it!

Last edited:

Notneb

Reaction score
So on the way to the bank, stopped at a light and the truck started slightly "surging" and shifting between 1, 3, and 5. Put it in manual and got going, put it in drive, shifted fine, no issue at the next light. Waiting in the turn lane to the bank and it went up into 5th so I had to switch to manual again. I'm reflashing to the 600QR tune right now to see if it is the Warhammer or if it's my truck. I did a re-learn last night, with proper cool down, anyone run into this before? I remember reading about it in Tech but I don't have the time to look right now.

Edit: Swapped back to the 600QR and it's fine now. I'll get ahold of Matt later to see what's going on.

Last edited:

strokin20

Reaction score
So on the way to the bank, stopped at a light and the truck started slightly "surging" and shifting between 1, 3, and 5. Put it in manual and got going, put it in drive, shifted fine, no issue at the next light. Waiting in the turn lane to the bank and it went up into 5th so I had to switch to manual again. I'm reflashing to the 600QR tune right now to see if it is the Warhammer or if it's my truck. I did a re-learn last night, with proper cool down, anyone run into this before? I remember reading about it in Tech but I don't have the time to look right now.

Edit: Swapped back to the 600QR and it's fine now. I'll get ahold of Matt later to see what's going on.

Are you using the Torque app to monitor your gauges with a Bluetooth adapter? Reason I ask, that's what I use for mine, and when I shut the truck off and leave the adapter plugged in, my next drive reveals the odd shifting thing you just described.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Are you using the Torque app to monitor your gauges with a Bluetooth adapter? Reason I ask, that's what I use for mine, and when I shut the truck off and leave the adapter plugged in, my next drive reveals the odd shifting thing you just described.

Yup, you're kidding, it's just the damn app/adapter?! Well I'll flash back and leave the adapter off and see if that's what it is!

Last edited:

strokin20

Reaction score
Yea that's what the issue was when mine did it. Something else it does when I leave it plugged in after shutting the truck off, the truck will flash the headlights randomly.

Notneb

Reaction score
Gotcha, I've got it back on the Warhammer and no issues with the adapter out. Thanks a ton, I owe you one!

Jomax

Reaction score
I just make sure to unplug my adapter after every time I shut the truck off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

That's crazy it would do that. These new trucks and funny lol

Notneb

Reaction score
Like I always said: the more complex the equipment, the more complex the problems.

strokin20

Reaction score
That's crazy it would do that. These new trucks and funny lol

You're telling me. The first time it did it it scared the crap outta me. Thought I needed a new transmission already lol. Then I unplugged the adapter and all was golden again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
So I've been running GH tunes for a bit, anyone hearing a slight "Rick flair whoo" with these tunes? Not nearly as loud as the twin scrolls, but noticeable when compared to P!P or Sp@rtan. I'm hearing it at as little as 5psi boost when I let off. Just curious if it's something I should be worried about?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.