My build so far...

Notneb

Reaction score
Ok so I got the H&S Fuel Filter Conversion and CCV Box in place mod. Basically all the CCV mod is a fitting to be able to use the stock CCV filter in place but still vent to atmo/exhaust. I have the Midwest SS Intercooler Piping kit, and I believe there was some concerns whether the CCV box would still fit. Answer is: yes, fits fine, no issues at all. The only issues I had were with the fuel filter conversion, it was too tall sitting in the stock cradle, so I just cut the bottom of the cradle out and now she juuuuust fits. I will just do away with the stock cradle after I get measurments to fab up a better mount.
Just a note: for anyone doing this like I did, where I already had the CCV filter removed, make sure you pull the o-rings off your CCV mod blocks!
003_zpsdvvmbzns.jpg

^^^ You guys like a tight fit right?!
005_zpsdgb60jik.jpg

^^^Overhead so you can see where I routed the hose.

Notneb

Reaction score
Thanks, I will say it's noticeably quieter than stock. Can barely hear any flow when I turn the key on. Just got cleaned up, so haven't had a chance to see if putting the ccv filter back on will do anything to vapor density...

And to clarify: The reason I had to cut my stock cradle was that the SS Piping kit replaces the stock intake, so there's just a smidge less room at the driver side intake elbow. If you've got a stock intake plenum, it will clear with no cutting. Fortunately for me, there are already tapped holes in the filter block, for aftermarket mounting! Gotta love H&S!

Last edited:

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
let us know what you think about that ccv. I hooked my back to stock. I was tired of the haze. I was just dumping it at the transmission crossmember though. If it works i can connect it out to the exhaust, I am ready to get it out the engine intake

gratitudefortoday

Reaction score
Sorry for no reply, never got updated! I'm not sure on the scfm, but look at the stock CCV box, that should give you an idea of the size of filter you'll need to build.

On another note I just ordered a fuel filter conversion from Dallas @ H&S, and their CCV box mod. I'm going to try and see if I can make it work with Morgan's piping kit. Still going to route it the same way, to my down pipe. I will make a vid of before and after vapor density. Still another 4K miles to go until I change the oil and get a sample to see how the current CCV mod is affecting the oil if at all.

Sorry for slow updates, the VA has been using me as a pin cushion to try and trace down why I have partial numbness in my left hand/arm.

Haha, glad you're alive and able to respond to PSA comments. So are you/we still pursing a coalescing filter mod?

Notneb

Reaction score
Haha, glad you're alive and able to respond to PSA comments. So are you/we still pursing a coalescing filter mod?

Well as you can see I'm just using the stock box for now. So far it cuts the vapor in half at idle. Smell is reduced considerably also. I still might try another coalescing filter later on, but for now this seems to be working for me.

Mike won't be able to dyno Jomax and my trucks until the 28th, so just a little delay!

Also trying out a file from $partan that gets rid of traction control, so I'll hopefully get to check that out along with the new SOTF switch.

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Well as you can see I'm just using the stock box for now. So far it cuts the vapor in half at idle. Smell is reduced considerably also. I still might try another coalescing filter later on, but for now this seems to be working for me.

Mike won't be able to dyno Jomax and my trucks until the 28th, so just a little delay!

Also trying out a file from $partan that gets rid of traction control, so I'll hopefully get to check that out along with the new SOTF switch.

Awsome

Notneb

Reaction score
Hope it helped! The factory CCV and H&S adapter seem to cut the vapor in half, but there's still haze when the truck is at 200 degrees oil temp and idling in 90+ ambient temp.

Notneb

Reaction score
Dyno'd the truck yesterday on the top power tunes from AS/GH, Sp@rtan, and P!P and they were all pretty close. So far the Warhammer Beta tune is just hands down the best shifting when compared with P!P however I've yet to do a relearn on the AS/GH tune yet, which I will do tomorrow. Then I'll spend a week or two driving in the city, desert, highway, etc. until I feel I've gave it the same time I did Sp@rtan and P!P. Once that's done, and I've found whatever is causing me to be down on power *40hp/100tq down* I'll get it back on the dyno and get the new numbers.

Numbers as it stands with a tiny suspected boost leak: Sp@rtan: 542HP/1295TQ, P!P: 535HP/1185TQ, AS/GH: 525HP/1264TQ

Comparing it to Jomax's dyno numbers of 572HP/1363TQ and his graph profile, we figured there's a boost leak up high, nothing major but enough to shave 40hp/100tq off.

Will update with the cause/fix when I find it!

gratitudefortoday

Reaction score
Good test of different calibrations. Thanks for posting the results. Are both running the same hardware just different cal's? What kinda pressures are you working with at max boost and where exactly do you suspect a boost leak?

Notneb

Reaction score
I've got my suspicion at what the problem is, and I'll hook up the Torque app tomorrow and get some hard boost numbers. Thunderstorm here right now so testing is on hold! I pulled my Air Filter today and cleaned it, and it was barely dirty at all. I'll check all my IC piping boots tomorrow, I finally got around to replacing one of the bands, so that's my next suspicion. Should've left the worm clamp on, lol!

Jomax

Reaction score
Good test of different calibrations. Thanks for posting the results. Are both running the same hardware just different cal's? What kinda pressures are you working with at max boost and where exactly do you suspect a boost leak?

-He has a Midwest piping kit, I'm running stock

- he has a 5in down pipe back straight pipe, I have just the ****** pipe

He has the no limit stage 2, I have an S&B

That's the only differences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Only thing that would make a difference in hp/tq numbers, would be our CAI's. 3"-5" exhaust doesn't matter and my piping kit does nothing for numbers. Tire size doesn't matter either, so it has to be a leak. There was plenty of fuel across the rpm range, I was pushing more unburnt fuel out than Jomax.

higherlife

Reaction score
Only thing that would make a difference in hp/tq numbers, would be our CAI's. 3"-5" exhaust doesn't matter and my piping kit does nothing for numbers. Tire size doesn't matter either, so it has to be a leak. There was plenty of fuel across the rpm range, I was pushing more unburnt fuel out than Jomax.

Are you saying that air intakes produce horsepower? I highly doubt the aftermarket tuning is maxing out any aftermarket air intake to the point that it would make a difference.

sootie

Reaction score
Are you saying that air intakes produce horsepower? I highly doubt the aftermarket tuning is maxing out any aftermarket air intake to the point that it would make a difference.

Sorry that you doubt what multiple people have proven to be true!

Latest posts

Members online