My Build Thread

907DAVE

Reaction score
Hmm...

If this is real, I cannot wait to see how everything works out.

jwlandry

Reaction score
It's real. Waiting on a response from the company that makes them to be sure they can do it.

Reason why.... Why not??

The rotating assembly is already heavy as hell. Why not make everything lighter and go to internal balance as well. Plus you can make the piston shorter and the rod longer and get rid of some stress as well. Not to mention that with less weight spinning the more hp it will free up.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Any concerns about the aluminum rods stretching over time?

Aluminum anything can't be designed for infinite fatigue life - it will fail eventually the question is just will it fail today, next week, next decade, next century. I've already had this convo with Doug - I'm not saying it can't work as I don't have the engineering data on the rods - but I am saying that I would be cautious.

MINK

Reaction score
Interested to see how this one turns out. What kind of timeline - I'm expecting awhile with all the custom parts from doug?

Reaction score
I'll be interested to see how long these aluminum rods hold up. I know the racers using aluminum rods are usually changing them out fairly often.. Be nice if titanium rods could be had for less than my yearly salary. LOL

jwlandry

Reaction score
Not going aluminum. I had already bought crowers and a few of the guys that build the aluminum rods thought it wouldn't be too good of an idea to run them in a daily driven truck.

Build is coming along though.

Latest posts

Members online