My Build Thread

jwlandry

Reaction score
So after reviewing the results from getting the block soniced. We have decided to bore the cylinder out to 4.185 from a stock 4.11. That makes the pistons .075 over. Which all equals to a 460 cubic inch 7.3.

TARM

Reaction score
Been awhile since I've updated this thread. Everything is going as planned. A little slower then though but that's all my fault.

The motor has been to the machine shop to get the wall thicknesses checked so we can see how large we can go on the piston. The dampner has been ordered from fluid dampner. It's on back order till June 13th. The piston pins are being made as well. They will be 125grams lighter then stock. From 390 down to 266. There was also a flexplate show up in Florida last week as well.

The pistons should be getting made in the next few weeks and a torque plate is on the way from California.

Only thing left to figure out is a cam and how we are going to do the intake plentums. Everything else for the most part is laid out.

Turbo is a 4294 that I bought from PowerstrokeJunkie about a yr ago
Mount will be a turbonetics t4
Injectors will be 300/200s from Tim @ PIS
tuning will be from Doug then live tuned from johnathon at beans or bill at php
Trans will be BTS or one from ATF down there by Doug.

I take as you are having them made they are custom? Or are you speaking of having them machined i.e. butterflied and radius the bowl edge? I can think of a few things that would be nice to mod vs oem.

jwlandry

Reaction score
All cylinder walls was .300+. So by going .075 that means your only taking .0375 per sode in the cylinder. That leaves .2625 of material left. Well over a 1/4". Should be fine.

jwlandry

Reaction score
I take as you are having them made they are custom? Or are you speaking of having them machined i.e. butterflied and radius the bowl edge? I can think of a few things that would be nice to mod vs oem.

Will be custom cut. Not stock machined. I'll post pics of the solid model later today.

ParkerFly

Reaction score
wondering what power gains your actually gonna see with the few more CI s

The combo he's running should be a 600+ horse at 444 c.i. That's 1.35 hp/ci if you use 600 hp. So going to 460 should theoretically let him be around 621 hp. So he gains 20-25 hp by going bigger.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Tighter squish but more bowl volume? Have you thought about raising the compression any? You're having all the bottom end parts to sustain more forces reliably however i dont think you're going too large on the injectors right? Increasing the compression a couple points to maybe 19:1 or so will make the truck alot peppier off boost and much more responsive. You're already doing alot of out-of-the-box stuff to it so why not?

jwlandry

Reaction score
Raising compression has been talked about but its still undecided. I do know the bowl will be centered in the piston rather than offset like usual.

jwlandry

Reaction score
Waiting on parts. The torque plate ahould be here Thursday then it's gonna get bored out and start installing internals.

jwlandry

Reaction score
This showed up today....

431bd444.jpg

04bd4db0.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.