My new F450 work truck! (pic heavy)

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
I do have both as Johnny mentioned above. At the moment both are stock too. Took the Torq2 off my 250 for now cause I'm going to grab a new T2.2 when I have the coin.

I'll say this. Throttle response in my 250 is noticeably better. Mind you, the 450 weighs 10k pounds without any added bed weight or stuff on the rack. So besides overcoming that, the truck is nice and smooth. Down low the 450 is not really close to the 250, BUT up top the 450 shines. Pulls real hard, I'm talking 65+ mph or high rpm digs, it scoots! I'm looking to throw a Torq2.2 onto the 450 as well to pep it up a bit.

Cliff notes- you definitely can notice the 250s power right on the bat, the 450 is a bit laggy down low, but both trucks feel very similar up top. Just remember the 450's weight once loaded up also plays a factor in my review.

Any vendors on here sell the torq2.2 that you know of?

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

Idiesel

Reaction score
I do have both as Johnny mentioned above. At the moment both are stock too. Took the Torq2 off my 250 for now cause I'm going to grab a new T2.2 when I have the coin.

I'll say this. Throttle response in my 250 is noticeably better. Mind you, the 450 weighs 10k pounds without any added bed weight or stuff on the rack. So besides overcoming that, the truck is nice and smooth. Down low the 450 is not really close to the 250, BUT up top the 450 shines. Pulls real hard, I'm talking 65+ mph or high rpm digs, it scoots! I'm looking to throw a Torq2.2 onto the 450 as well to pep it up a bit.

Cliff notes- you definitely can notice the 250s power right on the bat, the 450 is a bit laggy down low, but both trucks feel very similar up top. Just remember the 450's weight once loaded up also plays a factor in my review.

Sweet. I hope it won't be a power downgrade from a 2007 Chevrolet.
Ours will have a cm flat bed so won't be hauling alot around on it just pulling goosenecks all summer loaded with hay

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Ours will have a cm flat bed so won't be hauling alot around on it just pulling goosenecks all summer loaded with hay

I don't think it'll be a downgrade at all. I think you're gonna love the truck. Looking forward to what you have to say about it once it comes in! :redspotdance:

Idiesel

Reaction score
I don't think it'll be a downgrade at all. I think you're gonna love the truck. Looking forward to what you have to say about it once it comes in! :redspotdance:

Well that is comforting. We did the trade yesterday. I'm just waiting for the phone call on when I need to drop this truck off and get the new one. Ill post some pictures up as soon as it arrives!

Idiesel

Reaction score
We'll got it today. All I can say is the power decrease is hardly noticeable and it's one heck of a comfortable truck!
y3y2ehuz.jpg

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score

Those cm flatbeds are a nicely built unit. Buddy's dads shop sells them. Their enclosed trailers are the cats ass too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
My dads 450 dump seems powerful. Similiar to his 450 pickup. Only difference is really the turbo lag that the c/c truck has over the pickup. The c/c truck will boost 30lbs also where the pickup is like mid 20s

17BLKplat

Reaction score
We'll got it today. All I can say is the power decrease is hardly noticeable and it's one heck of a comfortable truck!

Truck looks great man! Glad you're happy with the purchase too!

Was talking with dad today about the 450 and hinting that some 22" AFs would be some icing on this big red cake lol
Hopefully by summer we'll have some new shoes!

Idiesel

Reaction score
Some 22s would look pretty slick on theses trucks to fill out the big fender wells.
I agree coop, this thing is definitely a skip, jump and hop above the dirtymax... Lol

Idiesel

Reaction score
Just an update guys. We're fixing to roll 15k miles. Still running like a champ (knock on wood) it does more than we ask and with the power decrease I can't even tell. Pulls hay and tractors without a problem

Latest posts

Members online