My Redemption build

valvetick

Reaction score
I finally have some data on how this setup is performing. Truck runs SUPER clean and cool. Egts are really low and the truck spools almost instantly. I am very impressed with this setup. I am running a super reduced fuel tune (about 1.6ms at WOT). I am still running the stock fuel pump and pressure is dropping into the 40s at WOT.

I am having MAJOR traction issues. WOT under 40mph is basically useless. At WOT the only smoke you see behind the truck is from burning rubber. It tends to lose traction between gears and hang up a little bit. I am going to upgrade the LSD and put on PMF traction bars to see if that helps any... the all terrain tires are not helping but this is a camping/towing/DD play truck and really wont see any time at the track, I am hoping to keep the all terrains for a little while.

Cruising egts at 65mph - 550-600

Cruising boost at 65mph - 3-6psi

Max boost = 35-38psi

Max egts 0-75mph = 1100-1300

Max egts 0-100mph = 1300-1500

Here are a few videos I managed to take.

Here is me trying to roll into it at 10mph (basically useless LOL)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmkLZzIUiqg

Here I take it easy up to 35mph and then roll into it... not much better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpUDjnlB1m8

I had to ease up and slowly roll into it at 45mph to get a descent run.. but even then it starts to break loose right around 55mph and just hangs there for a second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0PQrPtaJcQ

Charlie you need a heavy set of 35's fix all your problems!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
What's the place in phoenix. I have used az dyno chip and bartling enterprise

Black Market Racing. I helped them install their AWD Dynojet a little over a year ago. It's a bad ass dyno that should be able to load our trucks well. I just need to see if our trucks will physically fit in their dyno room. Bartling is a good group, but I don't think they can load their dyno well at all. Not sure if it is the dyno itself, or the operator. I haven't been to Dyno Chip in years. They used to not be able to get an RPM signal on diesel trucks, but I know they have since upgraded their equipment.

Last edited:

Dieselmore

Reaction score
Yeah dyno chip has got a optical pickup for rpm now for the diesel application. If I knew I would make the money back on a dyno I would get one. I met with dyno jet at sema and got a full quote for everything I need, it's just a matter of biting the bullet.

8inchstroker

Reaction score
Yeah dyno chip has got a optical pickup for rpm now for the diesel application. If I knew I would make the money back on a dyno I would get one. I met with dyno jet at sema and got a full quote for everything I need, it's just a matter of biting the bullet.
Do it!!! I'll be guinea pig

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

FaSSt9602

Reaction score

Honestly, I think it would be a tough thing to justify unless you are doing in house tuning or testing parts. I think there are enough dynos around now that you can just rent time when you need it. When I was helping the guys at BMR, I was blown away at all the shops that have dynos around town. There is at least 12 that I can think of off the top of my head.

I know BMR bought theirs about a year old from a shop in Washington. The original pricetag for theirs with all the bells and whistles was over $150k. They picked it up for about half that.

Dieselmore

Reaction score
We will be doing live tuning. We have got all the SCT software as well as EFI LIVE for the "others". So that'll be one of the benefits for us.

Tony you got to stay out of the hospital before we hire you :). Let me know when you get better, if you really want to have a serious talk about it?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Ok. So I am working on traction issues. I am doing PMF rear traction bars for sure... but what about the rear diff???

Option A: rebuild the stock LSD system and add 1 extra clutch

Option B: install a Detroit true trac LSD

Option C: install a detroit no spin locker

Remember this is not a track truck. It is meant for daily driving purposes, I don't want to worry about the rear end banging around all the time or locking up going around a corner. On the other hand I don't want to worry about breaking the rear end when beating on the truck. I am leaning towards option B but wanted to get a few other opinions.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
I'd just start with the traction bars and see what you need from there. IIRC from the video, the truck is higher milage, so the LSD probably isn't working up to its potential, but might be fine.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Traction bars and a worn out LSD was a bad combo for me. The truck wanted to plant both tires but it would hop side to side because the LSD was allowing a differential in wheel speed.

My vote is true track, clutch based limited slips are junk for anything with enough power to smoke the tires

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I would go with the true track as well. Seems to be the best setup for a daily from what ive read.

Profuzz

Reaction score
Grizzly locker w/ that kinda power tru trac would make a better paper weight !!! 👍

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
Grizzly locker w/ that kinda power tru trac would make a better paper weight !!! ��

Lockers vs lsd is like a what is the best oil for my truck thread.... if this truck truly is your dd/offroad camping vehicle why wouldn't you put a locker in it?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Grizzly locker w/ that kinda power tru trac would make a better paper weight !!! 👍

I have not thought about the grizzly locker yet... but I will look into it.

Have you had bad experiences with tru trac? I hear mostly great things about it... why would you call it a paper weight?

Option B for me.

I am leaning that way... hoping to bring the truck down to you guys to install it next week if you have a slot open.

Lockers vs lsd is like a what is the best oil for my truck thread.... if this truck truly is your dd/offroad camping vehicle why wouldn't you put a locker in it?

I know what you mean about the locker vs lsd debate... but I don't see it talked about with Ford Superdutys. I have been jeepin most my life and have ran many different types of lockers in many different jeeps. It was perfect for rock climbing but gave characteristics to the jeep that I don't want in a DD. I have been told that you don't notice it as much with a longer wheel base, but I don't want to take any chances. I hated the chirping around corners when going to fast, random pops out of the rear end when the locker unloads, pulling out of the curve when I accelerate around a corner... etc... etc...

BUT>>> I also don't want to end up with an LSD unit that cannot hold the power. Hope that makes sense.