My Redemption build

sootie

Reaction score
There are trutracs around that have held a lot more power than you will be making. Also, they won't have the issues that you just mentioned in your post

valvetick

Reaction score
I have not thought about the grizzly locker yet... but I will look into it.

Have you had bad experiences with tru trac? I hear mostly great things about it... why would you call it a paper weight?

I am leaning that way... hoping to bring the truck down to you guys to install it next week if you have a slot open.

I know what you mean about the locker vs lsd debate... but I don't see it talked about with Ford Superdutys. I have been jeepin most my life and have ran many different types of lockers in many different jeeps. It was perfect for rock climbing but gave characteristics to the jeep that I don't want in a DD. I have been told that you don't notice it as much with a longer wheel base, but I don't want to take any chances. I hated the chirping around corners when going to fast, random pops out of the rear end when the locker unloads, pulling out of the curve when I accelerate around a corner... etc... etc...

BUT>>> I also don't want to end up with an LSD unit that cannot hold the power. Hope that makes sense.

Charlie I had Eaton tru trac in my last truck and my 800hp cobra and never once had any issue going around corners or noises but as soon as you get on the throttle both tires will be locked with no negative daily driving issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

valvetick

Reaction score
I call bs too. True trac gives you everything you want/need with no negative side affects.

That doesn't happen to often haha...

Yep I loved it in both my vehicles never know it was there unless you stabbed the pedal in a turn and it locked...

Even Offroad if both tires are on the ground in mud,sand,snow etc it always locked.

Only issue was with a tire off the ground had to set the parking brake a little to get it to lock but again that's only with one of the tires off the ground. Our superdutys don't do this well with all the frame flex at least mine the bumper pushes up into the headlights etc.

Profuzz

Reaction score
Sorry for the uneducated statement !! When I bought my gears & lockers I was told they (tru trac ) were fine in the front axle but not the rear (torque. ?? )

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
I call bs too. True trac gives you everything you want/need with no negative side affects.

That doesn't happen to often haha...

Until your drive tire is on wet grass and the other on pavement.

Strokethis213

Reaction score
Black Market Racing. I helped them install their AWD Dynojet a little over a year ago. It's a bad ass dyno that should be able to load our trucks well. I just need to see if our trucks will physically fit in their dyno room. Bartling is a good group, but I don't think they can load their dyno well at all. Not sure if it is the dyno itself, or the operator. I haven't been to Dyno Chip in years. They used to not be able to get an RPM signal on diesel trucks, but I know they have since upgraded their equipment.

I've been on there dyno with my ccsb it was tight but I fit only problem was I was to wide and spinning the tires on the rollers

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Well thanks for all the help. I decided on a tru trac and I am going to have it installed sometime in the next week or so.

I have a lot more time on the truck and LOVE IT. Spools so fast and runs so clean. When I take people for rides and we get on it hard they are amazed when they look backwards and only see white smoke from burning rubber while we are going sideways at 40mph. I will try to get a few videos of the truck driving around.

I am running one of Andy Warren's comp tranny which is the version with upgraded clutches but mine has no billet parts, so I am supposed to keep it under 600hp. Tranny shifts great. Nice and firm with no hickups. It can be a little over firm right when loading a tune but it softens up right away.

I have about 30-40 tunes to play with... but I keep coming back to my TSD tunes. Chris put in a couple of tweaks that I like so much that I find myself not wanting to even switch to my other tunes (or even write my own)

I was trying an early lockup tune and the turbo spools very good down low and still runs fairly clean even when pushing it. Just for fun I tested to see how low and how much boost it can make.
1200-1400rpms = 2-10psi
1400-1600rpms = 10-20psi
1600-1800rpms = 20-30psi

I am still on stock fuel so I am running a reduced fuel tune... max of about 1.6-1.8ms at WOT. According to some of the flow bench data that should put me around 155-165cc at WOT. I have my fuel gauge all hooked up and it will slowly drop down to about 40psi at WOT... so I will need to upgrade my fuel pump before I turn the fuel up. I am hoping to get the fuel system done around Christmas time while we are off work.

There are so many little things that I didn't think of that need to be addressed. Like ratting doors from old door seals, 4" downpipe rattling against leaf spring hanger, some sort of clunk when I go over bumps (hopefully sway bar links), and I think the tranny mount is bad. I am out every night in the garage working on getting the truck to where I want it. My wife hates it LOL, but I love having a project truck back that I can play with.

swinky

Reaction score
That downpipe against the leaf spring hanger is a bitch man. Damn leaf spring trucks.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

patricku47

Reaction score
Mine rattled until the cab came off to do the studs, but hasn't since I got it back. I don't know what the guy did to get it to stop, but I feel like I owe him more money for it!

strokin6L

Reaction score
I have a Magnaflow 4" dual stainless exhaust with a 4" downpipe and never had a rattle. Isn't even close to hitting or rubbing on anything.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.