My tow pig/DD build thread. F350/Cummins 6.7/twins/6R140

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
20121227_101905.jpg

Powerstroke214

Reaction score

IMO, that's the route op should go, so he doesn't have to "waste" time on the whole stretch/extra door work. The engine and trans stuff seems super complicated since he's trying something uncommon and is trying to get everything perfect on paper before he starts. I want to see the finished product though, gonna be sweet!

Sent from the Bayou

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
IMO, that's the route op should go, so he doesn't have to "waste" time on the whole stretch/extra door work.

this is the guy i directed the post at.

he sounds like he didn't see that that truck in the pic has 6 doors, and "wasted his time on the whole stretch/extra door."

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
this is the guy i directed the post at.

he sounds like he didn't see that that truck in the pic has 6 doors, and "wasted his time on the whole stretch/extra door."

If you were thinking I didn't notice the 6 door conversion(how I read your post), I did. What I meant was to send his truck off or look on Tim's website(one guy who builds stretched trucks) so he personally doesn't have to worry abt the stretch process himself, and he can focus on the engine and trans stuff, which seems to be the uncharted territory in this build.

Sent from the Bayou

zilla68

Reaction score
Sorry I don't have any more info on the truck but that is just sweet Imo!

probably done by the guy in Guthrie Oklahoma who does alot of these type builds. He has a salvage yard and does some really sweet truck conversions just like this one. He only uses ford parts. I've seen his stuff up close and you can't tell its not OEM. His name is Tim I think it was.

me2

Reaction score
Congrats!!
Thanks ! We are very happy.

My wife is due mid July.

This will be our 3rd child.

We are leaving for a week of holidays and when we get back we'll figure out the vehicle situation.

me2

Reaction score
It turns out that getting a new house was a higher priority than the swap.

We bought one on the weekend.

I'm now running my a$$ off trying to get some renovations done prior to moving in, hopefully on April 1st. Paint, kitchen overhaul, some electrical, etc.

The good news is the new house has a 22x32 garage. I'm probably going to renovate it too, though I may use it before I do. I'll see once the house renovations are done.

In the mean time, the miles keep piling up on my F350. I've lost track, but I think its nearing 45K since I bought it. I haven't touched a thing on it. It just keeps running and running, though I don't trust the engine any further than I can throw it and the up pipes still leak.

Edit: I forgot to mention that my wife wants a minivan, for her use.

EpicCowlick

Reaction score
Driver's seat mod. http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27377

I also did the door seal mod, which made a big difference in the cab noise level. However, the driver's side door doesn't close very well. I probably need to adjust the door striker.

Its been a bit over a year since I bought this truck. I put 37,500 miles on it since then.

My first post on this thread. Just want to say thanks for all the information. Congratulations on keeping your priorities straight (baby, family, house) while at the same time managing to keep the hobbies moving along. You're obviously a high-performer and I'd remind you to not worry yourself over the criticism of a few wanna-be's. This thread at its very least is incredibly interesting and more likely a great resource for many in the future. A great contribution to the enthusiast community for years to come.

Oh, and by the way, I'm the average Joe who put up the video on the door seal mod. I didn't do it for congratulations, but rather knowing it was a great mod that helped me and would likely help others. I can't tell you how many thanks I've received for that simple little thing. I have received a few flaming criticisms for stuff as well but I know the vast majority (spoken and not) appreciate the effort.

Keep us posted. Looking forward to seeing how things progress.

Latest posts

Members online