My tow pig/DD build thread. F350/Cummins 6.7/twins/6R140

TyCorr

Reaction score
Well in all fairness ford designed the 17 super duty in around the same time frame as he "diiiidnt" do the swap.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I was most interested in the method he was going to use to sniff the canbus for data, interpret it, and then create a device that translated the necessary commands from one computer to the next to communicate via the canbus. While some data is transmitted via standardized command across all platforms, there is some very specialized commands that I suspect he would have needed to make this project work.

Now since this thread came about a WHOLE lot has happened in the aftermarket Canbus world. I have a CANbus Triple in my arsenal which is a device meant to make reading and dispensing your own packets very easy for development work. Add in some of the recent developments in small, cheap, portable computing hardware and I bet you could make this work without too much heartache.

16PS250

Reaction score
The title of this thread need to be changed to "don't waste your time reading this".

I knew sht was going sideways when it turn in one weekend from a cummins swap to a 6 door conversion.

Not one bolt was turned on this truck and it took almost 60 pages to discover that. Though I had a good feeling when the 6 door conversion came into play. He kept talking about being a week behind schedule well this has got to be about 250 weeks behind by my math. :doh:

DieselDC

Reaction score

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Latest posts

Members online