My truck just took a HUGE $HIT

ODAWG714

Reaction score
2hours not including the machinest to machine everything.
Another thing is matt@gearhead tweaked my tune for the modded intake and holly $hit did that make a difference

ODAWG714

Reaction score
The 2 hours I spent include cutting it open and sand blasting and porting the holes and tapping the top for the plugs. Machinest was 6-8 hours I believe and charged me around 200$. I have under 600 into this one

ODAWG714

Reaction score
Idk but all I can say is that man can tune a truck! Him and Chris are by far the best I've ran out of everyone else and are the only 2 that can make a pmax run lag free

05wh250

Reaction score
I used Teflon tape and arp thread sealer rated at 10,000psi

A better way would be to get o-ring boss bungs and over size your existing 14 holes made weld the bungs in and get 14 o-ring boss plugs. Use the OEM 2 rear bolts. I have my bolts sitting on the floor of the intake. I used 6x1.00 thread by 35 long and they were perfect with a 8mm head

Thats pretty much what I've got, same bolts too. I wasn't sure about the orb plugs because i have a habit of screwing up and cutting the o-rings. Where did you get the arp thread sealer at?

ODAWG714

Reaction score
Thats pretty much what I've got, same bolts too. I wasn't sure about the orb plugs because i have a habit of screwing up and cutting the o-rings. Where did you get the arp thread sealer at?

A local race shop it was like 9bucks. I wrapped the plugs like 4-5 times with Teflon and used the thread sealer on top of it. It's a non drying sealer. Works pretty good but it's gooey

e.nickkk

Reaction score
Since you guys used 6x1x35 allen heads? are you afraid or one coming lose and well you no the rest

what did you guys use thread lock lock washer ??? thanks again for all your good input

05wh250

Reaction score
My bolts are 6 point with a flange. Came straight from arp. I'll probably use a little loc tite for safe measure but probably not needed

05wh250

Reaction score
The bolts are arp $58 for 3 packs of 5. The intake a machinist did, couldn't get him to cut it open like you did, he drilled out the posts cut and gutted the egr out and welded in bungs on top for the plugs

e.nickkk

Reaction score
here is a picture of mine before the machine shop cant find the after yet

Attachments

• intake.jpg
    intake.jpg
    774.9 KB · Views: 100

ODAWG714

Reaction score
here is a picture of mine before the machine shop cant find the after yet

Leave the back alone if you machine the rear posts it will be very thin. Machine the floor flat and port the top 1/3 down and till the 2 ports are a 1/16 from each other. That's what I did. The lower 2/3 of the port I didn't open up just the top 1/3

1fastTRX

Reaction score
Looks great now U gotta being that thing to Irwindale so we can go toe to toe!!

Bam! I concur!
Hey Oliver let's see what your pmax/headers/manifold has against my mtw stage 1. I'll see if I can borrow a gopro so we can film it.

Im definitely jealous of that intake! Do you think you'll be able to do all the same things to that blue one or did "monkey nuts" mod it in a way that will make certain things hard to duplicate?

Members online

No members online now.