My truck seems gutless

Noonman350

Reaction score
I just installed my new Stealth SRP1.1 and my truck is still gutless. It's a tad but better on throttle response but not much. I would think running 250/100s would be Increadibly noticeable. But it was faster and pulled harder without them or the oil pump. A guy I was talking to today said I could have a sticky IPR? He said his DC% was 14 until he fixed it. Could this be my problem? I'm befuddled.

Noonman350

Reaction score
Not really. Well I had the injectors in when my chip was being re burned. I noticed a huge difference then. It was super touchy. And it ha noticeable power. I had Matt burn it for a Stealth SRP1.1 and an irate fuel system because both were going on soon. I dont have the fuel system because they are still waiting on an order to come in. But I dunno. I would think I would notice a difference. There is barely anything noticeable between my Econ tune to my all out tune... I installed everything correctly. Although I did use my old IPR...

Gearhead

Reaction score
Define gutless? What are your EGTs at the top of the pedal? Also the hybrids of that configuration don't gain a whole bunch more power over the stock pump on the top end but the pressure comes up and it is cleaner with the SRP1 down low.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I think your having the same thing I had. Matts tunes do not fuel heavy at all, they are a lot less aggressive. I noticed the same with matts tunes. It feels guttless down low unless you stab the go pedal. Other then that all the tunes feel the same until full throttle. But it sure does move out when that pedal it to the floor. You can feel the difference between the tunes.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
I think your having the same thing I had. Matts tunes do not fuel heavy at all, they are a lot less aggressive. I noticed the same with matts tunes. It feels guttless down low unless you stab the go pedal. Other then that all the tunes feel the same until full throttle. But it sure does move out when that pedal it to the floor. You can feel the difference between the tunes.

That would drive me nuts. I like to be able to tell a difference all around.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

SDstroker

Reaction score
I don't think tuning is the issue. I'd you don't have that fuel system installed your running the injectors dry.

Noonman350

Reaction score
Define gutless? What are your EGTs at the top of the pedal? Also the hybrids of that configuration don't gain a whole bunch more power over the stock pump on the top end but the pressure comes up and it is cleaner with the SRP1 down low.

Gutless as in I just don't feel the power like I did when I was just running the chip, or just running the injectors ( I ran without the chip when it was being reburned ). My EGTs seem normal. The all out tune are higher than the Econ. But that's normal. It all seems normal besides the lack in power...

Gearhead

Reaction score
Gutless as in I just don't feel the power like I did when I was just running the chip, or just running the injectors ( I ran without the chip when it was being reburned ). My EGTs seem normal. The all out tune are higher than the Econ. But that's normal. It all seems normal besides the lack in power...

Do you mean throttle response? I take it back to a stocklike feel since it is an electronic pedal. If you have a tune that fuels aggressively in respect to the pedal curve the trans won't see the right pressure and cause all kinds of longevity issues down the road.

Last edited:

Arisley

Reaction score
Some people like all the power coming on at 1/4 throttle, and no more power at the bottom of the pedal. Makes it feel like a more powerful truck.

Hotrods should have super touchy throttles. /insert sarcastic smiley here/

Hook AE up to it, run some data logs. Post back with some data numbers. Matt will be able to help a lot more with real data than with SOP data.

Noonman350

Reaction score
Do you mean throttle response? I take it back to a stocklike feel since it is an electronic pedal. If you have a tune that fuels aggressively in respect to the pedal curve the trans won't see the right pressure and cause all kinds of longevity issues down the road.

yeah i do mean that. sorry. its takes days to get to 60mph... when i was just running the chip w/o the other stuff ( injectors HPOP ) it had great throttle respone. now it seems like its stock. by taking it to a stock file?? they all feel about the same. even the all out tune, i dont feel much of a noticable difference between them...

Noonman350

Reaction score
Some people like all the power coming on at 1/4 throttle, and no more power at the bottom of the pedal. Makes it feel like a more powerful truck.

Hotrods should have super touchy throttles. /insert sarcastic smiley here/

Hook AE up to it, run some data logs. Post back with some data numbers. Matt will be able to help a lot more with real data than with SOP data.

but heres the thing... its not touchy. the power is drawn out increadibly slow. and what is AE? i am the worst with computers or software programs or anything like that. I can barley run an Xbox...

Arisley

Reaction score
AE is Auto Engineuity. It is a program you load onto your laptop, plug it into you OBDII sensor, it tells you pretty much every thing you ever wanted to know about your truck. You can pull numbers, post them here, we can pretty much tell you what the issue is.

My comment was sarcastic. Matt tunes with a smooth pedal, the harder you push, the more power you get, it does not all come on in the first 25% of pedal travel. Some people think that means you are not makeing power, what that actually means is that you have much greater control of when the power comes in or out. A bumpy road will not make your truck jump up and down in power. It is one of the nice things about having a throttle pedal that is electronic as opposed to a mechanical link.

Time yourself through a WOT run 0 to the speed limit (would not want you breaking any traffic rules), see what it does.

Best place to get said program. Dennis rocks.
http://shop.strictlydiesel.com/store.php/products/Autoenginuity

Last edited:

Noonman350

Reaction score
oh lol. sarcasim... so its ok to drive until i get the program and run the numbers right? And so far I love Matts tunes. I just think i should be making a hell of a lot more power than i am.

Latest posts

Members online