My truck was stolen last night

LovetheTide

Reaction score
It makes me wonder if the truck was found in a traffic stop and cleared of stolen status and then a wrecker service took my truck to their shop, stripped it, dumped it in a ditch to make it look abandoned and then Decatur PD find it.

^This. Sounds like a damn mess but I hope you can figure everything out.

mandkole

Reaction score
POSs that did this... they need to hung by the sack

Keep patience and firm persistence... be prepared that it will end up costing you. Its a shame that a truck that nice and loved could end up with a salvage titleover this-- 8-9K in damage will total it. If it does, hopefully the ins co will make you mostly whole for loss in market value.

Best of luck..

eng53ine

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the pita your going through. Seems simple to me to get to the truth about stolen vs abandoned. try to find the report of stolen, traffic stop and ask to speak with that officer in person. It would seem that if the police are not in on the stripping of the truck that they would be very interested in making sure the towing company's they contract with are above

^ this I would try to find the officer who did the original traffic stop.

02 ccsb, lariat, 7.3 auto, 4x4, 4" duals, 6637,zoodad

dsberman94

Reaction score
I would also try to find the traffic stop officer. Your buddy in Columbus should be able to look up the found vehicle report and tell you which officer it was. You might have a secondary theft case on your hands. That officer should be able to tell you which towing company towed it the first time b

Lysons

Reaction score
Christ man, I feel for you!
About 7 or 8 years ago, dad's 2000 F350 was stolen along with an enclosed 28 foot trailer full of sleds.
Truck was found, hurt pretty hard, but we got it fixed and owned it up until last year.
I hope the insurance company doesn't **** you too hard and you get it sorted out!

andy3728

Reaction score
I went to look at the truck this afternoon. It appears that the thieves did no damage other than the ignition. I think it was the towing service did most of the damage with a fork lift or some type of equipment. Got under the frame and it slipped off, nearly ripping the fender off. Some of the wheel studs are bent also but I didn't take pics of that. The rear bumper also has some dents in it from some type of lift equipment. Or at least that is what it appears to have happened. See what you think...

TruckDamage4.jpg

TruckDamage6.jpg

TruckDamage5.jpg

TruckDamage8.jpg

TruckDamage7.jpg

uw mitch

Reaction score
Dude that really sucks. Hopefully your detective friend can do you a solid and raise some hell to figure out what happened.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

12stroker

Reaction score
that's why you MUST have agreed value insurance to be protected, good luck!
my old big block blown chevy pro street truck was insured for 45k, they sent an appraiser who said I was under insuring, and if it was ever stolen, they cut a check for 45k.

Any of you guys who have even mild mods would be stupid not to have agreed value insurance or writers on your policy for the extras, once someone steals your vehicle it becomes a tangled web with the insurance company.

Good luck on the truck man, but I'd bet they total it.

Sucks that it happened to you OP but I just increased my coverage what zilla said on my 12 to cover everything I added to it.

Extended Power

Reaction score
My truck was stolen...
I had "Full Coverage" insurance.
Police laid a spike belt down, so one tire was wrecked.
The thieves stole the owners manual, spare tire key, lug nut key, and cut every antenna off the truck. (Sirius radio, remote starter, daylight sensor)
Punched out the ignition key, both drivers door, and passenger side locks out, as well as the tailgate locks.
Cigarette burn in the carpet, spilt coffee down the side of the seats.
Used it to steal tech cable from the near by oil and gas sites....burnt the paint inside the box from burning the wire insulation off.
Etc, etc, etc....

My point...they wrote my truck off because there was too much damage to it. (Based on the year of the truck, and the miles on it.)

Now when I see yours.........all I can say is, I hope you have had it appraised, because "Full Coverage" is not full coverage on ANY vehicle more than 3 years old.

The ONLY way your truck will be repaired/replaced is if it was appraised by a known company, and your insurance company acknowledged the appraisal. (Oh...and the appraisal is only good for 3 years.)

I hate thieves!!
And I hate to see this happen to people who think they have proper coverage, and the damn insurance company just writes the vehicle off at a fraction of its actual value.

I learned my lesson the hard way...it took having my truck stolen, and the insurance company bending me over, and screwing me dry, with it wrapped in sandpaper.

I really hope everything works out for you....good luck...it looked like a really beautiful truck.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Maybe it's just my way of thinking but it almost looks like it fell off a post lift. Idk how you would get a fork from a fork lift behind the shock. I know you love your truck but they made more. If your buy back isn't terrible from the insurance company it might be worth letting them total it then buying it back and keeping your performance stuff and selling the rest. I'm not trying to be an ass about it but the farther u dig the more chit you're gonna find broken wrong or mangled.

eng53ine

Reaction score
How will that help him?

To see what condition the truck was actually in when it was found?

The ways it's being said it was found twice. Once in a traffic stop and then abandoned. Unless it threw a flag in Columbus when they ran the tag but not for the officer running it in the traffic stop it doesn't make sense.

02 ccsb, lariat, 7.3 auto, 4x4, 4" duals, 6637,zoodad

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
That really sucks, crappy situation for sure. I would be very upset if mine were ever stolen, I really need to get mine properly insured for everything on it.

smcox1

Reaction score
Oh seeing those pictures make me feel so bad for you especially knowing what it looked like before. Chances are they will total it but you probably will be able to buy it back for a decent price and fix it back up.

08Monster

Reaction score
I didn't take in the full picture right away. I apologize. I see 2 differences, those being running boards and headlights in first glance

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear about this, and I wish you the best of luck getting it all straightened out. Something really does seem fishy though.

Any idea how the thieves originally got in? From what I've been told our locks are really easy to pop and that seems like the way most get stolen.

Latest posts

Members online