Need sub help.

jdc753

Reaction score
That should work but I have a couple concerns...

First with that pricing I honestly wonder if they truely are an authorized dealer, they have the tag that says they are, but they also state that all warranty claims will be handled through them, which to me sounds fishy.

For example through sonic (which I know is authorized and usually cheap) the subs are $150 a piece, and the amp is $350 (new). Now they say the amp is a refurb, but still it seems even if its refurb you are getting the box for free in that price.

Next, I wonder about how those subs will play with that box volume. I know the kicker CVT's like larger airspace compared to comparable shallow mounts, however I guess its not too far off. Basically you will be showing each sub 0.475ft^3 versus the recommended minimum of 0.8ft^3 which is a good difference, but some could be made up with polyfill.

Personally with those box specs I would much rather see Pioneer shallows, just due to the airspace. I like the kicker shallow mounts, but it just sucks that they want soo much airspace, basically defeats the purpose of the shallow mount sub.

smokedout250

Reaction score

First with that pricing I honestly wonder if they truely are an authorized dealer, they have the tag that says they are, but they also state that all warranty claims will be handled through them, which to me sounds fishy.

For example through sonic (which I know is authorized and usually cheap) the subs are $150 a piece, and the amp is $350 (new). Now they say the amp is a refurb, but still it seems even if its refurb you are getting the box for free in that price.

Next, I wonder about how those subs will play with that box volume. I know the kicker CVT's like larger airspace compared to comparable shallow mounts, however I guess its not too far off. Basically you will be showing each sub 0.475ft^3 versus the recommended minimum of 0.8ft^3 which is a good difference, but some could be made up with polyfill.

Personally with those box specs I would much rather see Pioneer shallows, just due to the airspace. I like the kicker shallow mounts, but it just sucks that they want soo much airspace, basically defeats the purpose of the shallow mount sub.

Do me a favor could you get me some links on what you would do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white07psd

Reaction score

It shows .90 per sub which should be perfect for the cvt10. I would still fill it with polyfil. I bought my 12"l7 from hifi and it is a refurb but i bought it as a refurb because it was cheaper. I also received the paper stating that kicker refurbished it. I only have it in a 1.30 cube box minus sub displacement. I had to stuff it with polyfil due to the box being so small.

sent from the stool.

jdc753

Reaction score
I personally would build my own box, so I don't know much about shopping for prefab boxes, but I know there are lots out there. I don't know anything of the construction on the one you posted but it can't be worse than some of the crap people have put together.

Plus for the price you found I don't think you will beat it, but hear are the only two options I could remember (a third no longer seems to exist)

MTX Thunderform, http://thunderforms.mtx.com/p_30/F_250_Super_Cab_2000_2010/show.html

and supercrewsound.com http://www.supercrewsound.com/01F250ECdual.html

Also since you first box is 0.9ft^3 per sub and not in total, then that is good reason for it as well, since most like the kicker shallows above the pioneer shallows, just not as many use the kicker's due to the airspace/cost differences compared to the pioneers.

It shows .90 per sub which should be perfect for the cvt10. I would still fill it with polyfil. I bought my 12"l7 from hifi and it is a refurb but i bought it as a refurb because it was cheaper. I also received the paper stating that kicker refurbished it. I only have it in a 1.30 cube box minus sub displacement. I had to stuff it with polyfil due to the box being so small.

sent from the stool.

Yup, my bad, I missed that part. Sounds like they are pretty good then, just seemed pretty cheap on pricing to be authorized, but sounds like they are good enough.

smokedout250

Reaction score
I personally would build my own box, so I don't know much about shopping for prefab boxes, but I know there are lots out there. I don't know anything of the construction on the one you posted but it can't be worse than some of the crap people have put together.

Plus for the price you found I don't think you will beat it, but hear are the only two options I could remember (a third no longer seems to exist)

MTX Thunderform, http://thunderforms.mtx.com/p_30/F_250_Super_Cab_2000_2010/show.html

and supercrewsound.com http://www.supercrewsound.com/01F250ECdual.html

Also since you first box is 0.9ft^3 per sub and not in total, then that is good reason for it as well, since most like the kicker shallows above the pioneer shallows, just not as many use the kicker's due to the airspace/cost differences compared to the pioneers.

Yup, my bad, I missed that part. Sounds like they are pretty good then, just seemed pretty cheap on pricing to be authorized, but sounds like they are good enough.

So what about subs and amp got some advice on those

jdc753

Reaction score
For subs you are stuck to shallow mounts, so that narrows it down pretty quickly.

I personally would run either the Kicker, Pioneer, or Memphis shallows.

For an amp, and on a budget I would look at the offerings from Hifonics, but an amp should be selected after the sub(s) since you want to match the amp's output to the subwoofers power handling and resistance.

For example, one thing to look for with the sub selection is to try and get a combination that will show a 1ohm or 2ohm final load.

2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.png

2_4ohmSVC_2ohm.png

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.png

Once you get the sub(s) picked out with a proper coil configuration like above, then an amp can be picked out pretty easily.

jdc753

Reaction score

white07psd

Reaction score
I think the kicker combo will be your best bet from hifisound. Whenever i do get a crew cab, my dream build will be a dc audio level 5 15 in a 4.5 cube box in between captain chairs in the back. That gives a whole new definition to bass.

smokedout250

Reaction score
I think the kicker combo will be your best bet from hifisound. Whenever i do get a crew cab, my dream build will be a dc audio level 5 15 in a 4.5 cube box in between captain chairs in the back. That gives a whole new definition to bass.

I haven't seen many good reviews from that company.... And there price is crazy cheap.....

jdc753

Reaction score
How are those for decent quality?

Should be just fine. I know a few people using them, a buddy has older models in his cummins and they have been good for years of use, and a friend just put a single 8" in his extended cab F250.

Also, if you check out www.SPL2k.com he primarily uses either the JL TW5 or the Pioneer shallow mounts. Which are both opposite ends of the spectrum, but he highly recommends the pioneer's for those who don't want to spend the big coin on the JL product.

Dang, that would sure be A LOT of bass!! I don't think I could ever give up that much airspace inside the truck, but I have had some dreams of squeezing a JBL GTi or an older Image Dynamics 15" between the front seats. It's either that or 4 Stereo Integrity BM MKIII's making a line across the back of the cab behind the seat, would be a 2000w mini wall of shallows with some good SQ to boot.

g2shuck

Reaction score
your not going to get very good sound quality with kicker subs... you will get alot of output though lol

smokedout250

Reaction score
your not going to get very good sound quality with kicker subs... you will get alot of output though lol

Well I'm looking for more sound than bass. Don't get me wrong I want some thump but not all thump I still wanna enjoy my music lol

white07psd

Reaction score
I haven't seen many good reviews from that company.... And there price is crazy cheap.....

Not saying your wrong, just stating my personal experience, they are who i bought my l7 from and have no complaints. Sonic is my first choice always though.

sent from the stool.

white07psd

Reaction score
Have you ever heard kicker subs in a custom box or are going off what others have said? My L7 will make your eardrumst rattle, yet will keep up to fast drums in heavy metal. We just did a sq build in my cousins reg cab silverado with 4 10" 8ohm kicker comps in a 2 cubic ft. Wedge box and it absolutely slams with only 500 total rms watts feeding it.. had a 10" L7 in a f150 in a 2.25 cubic ft box being fed by a jl 500/1 and it was extremely loud and clear. Moral of the story, boxes go a long way in sound quality yet at the same time, extremely loud.

sent from the stool.

smokedout250

Reaction score
My kicker comps were fine. They came in the right box and they pounded pretty good. I've been looking at JL subs instead of the pioneers the JL cost a little more but looks to be the same

Latest posts

Members online