Need sub help.

jdc753

Reaction score
the JL is also a 13.5" sub instead of a 10", so it will be quite tricky to fit below the seat. It is for sure in a league above the Pioneer's and any other name brand shallow mount out there, but you pay for it too. The only other sub I would put together in the same boat as the JL is a Stereo Integrity BM MKIII, but that sub has been discontinued, so you would have to find it used.

I am usually not a big pusher of JL products, mainly due to the cost but they make good stuff and the TW5 is a really good product.

jdc753

Reaction score
Took me a minute, and I thought that was what you were looking at.

They are close, the JL is 4.34" and the Pioneer is 2.875", that just might work too.

smokedout250

Reaction score
I think they would but the pioneer has the better air space for the box. So idk but these are the two that are gonna be my budget. Now I'm torn on them JL is know for quality but I see good things about pioneer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdc753

Reaction score
I think at that point I can't really add much, it comes down to what you would like best as either way you get a pretty good final product.

Karls03

Reaction score
**UPDATE** I got my box in and the 10s that were in the other box dropped right in. I was concerned that I would need a low profile sub, but I didn't.

WOO HOO! 10s AND my back seat! Thanks again!

:jammin::jammin::jammin:

jdc753

Reaction score
**UPDATE** I got my box in and the 10s that were in the other box dropped right in. I was concerned that I would need a low profile sub, but I didn't.

WOO HOO! 10s AND my back seat! Thanks again!

:jammin::jammin::jammin:

Good Deal!!

What subs did you drop into the box?

Karls03

Reaction score
They are Lightning Audio 300w subs that I bought at Best buy with a Lightning Audio amp and box about 8 years ago for my 1967 Mustang. They sat idle in the garage for about 3~4 years. They sound good to me.

Latest posts

Members online