Votes: 27 22.7%
  • Red Alert

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • REDiculous

Votes: 12 10.1%

• Total voters

CamTom12

Reaction score
What problems did you end up running into with the toolbox?

BTW I'd like to see your set-up and your headlights - I'll shoot you a text and see if you'll be around this weekend.

CamTom12

Reaction score
Nice, I hadn't seen that.

I've been searching around for 08-10 projector retrofits but haven't seen any. I'm debating doing some this summer/fall as a "prep for winter" mod LOL

northpolerex

Reaction score
Maybe I can get the Banshee back together and bring that too. Of course that means the Jessie needs to come down also, cause I am not going down the track on that thing.

Ya man, that would be cool! I think I am going to take this summer off from racing, so I should have plenty of free time.

Sh!t I've got health insurance now, I'll take that beast down the track :)

907DAVE

Reaction score
The toolbox was a bust, so I decided to finish up the hitch instead.

IMAG_0098.jpg

IMAG_0097.jpg

IMAG_0099.jpg

IMAG_0101.jpg

I just need to make a final decision on what I am doing with the license plate and trailer connector and it will be done.

Unfortunately this will be the last update for a few weeks, I'm headed to Florida for awhile.

AKHILF

Reaction score
Weld a tab off the tow package and cut a hole in it so the trailer wiring connecter slips into in and screw it on then you can just plug the trailer side into it I did it on my friends cummins with a roll pan. And the license plate he bought a street scene flip up but it wasnt very nice so he bought a different brand that was also spring assisted. The street scene one was to cheaply made and the spring was way to stiff

907DAVE

Reaction score
Yeah, I was considering mounting a recessed bracket behind the license plate for the trailer plug but haven't decided it its worth the trouble when I could just hang on behind the pan.

For the plate I might just make a receiver hitch that holds it, or go with a flip up or spring type bracket. I could make the flip up deal pretty easily and use some dzus fasteners to hold it down, but the spring loaded type might be the way to go.

Do you remember what he ended up using?

907DAVE

Reaction score
Dont think I am going to be needing one of those anytime soon....LOL

CamTom12

Reaction score
LOL not likely, but it'd be a simple alternative to a flip-down or removable plate bracket.

Hell, just glue the part of the plate you cut out to one of those reciever plugs and shove it in there when you're not hitched up.

907DAVE

Reaction score
I dont need anything elaborate, but it needs to be simple and function easily at extreme temperatures.

I will rarely tow anything with this truck, and my only trailer now is a GN. Mostly the hitch will be used to tow people out of the ditch, and dragging dead vehicles around. Kinda why I am leaning to the flip up style. Have you ever NOT had to use a hammer to knock a receiver from a hitch in the winter months...LOL

907DAVE

Reaction score
There are plans to put the bottle on it. :D

I had a bit of spare time after work, so I finished up my plate mount. I used a single hinge and some neodymium magnets to hold the plate in the open and closed position.

You can see the magnet glued to the bottom of the plate in this pic:

IMAG_0106.jpg

Then to hold it in the open position I glued two more to the plate bolt heads:

IMAG_0104.jpg

It actually works really well, and those little ***ers are strong!

907DAVE

Reaction score
Nope. Been gathering parts for the next round. Should have some updates soon!

Latest posts

Members online