New street toy build

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFT

Reaction score
Originally he was.... the hood he found was off of craigslist. long story short, dude turned out to be addicted to men, so the deal fell through.

Haven't even talked about that yet actually.....

Is this why Steve hasn't been on as much and you've been sending me dirty PM's :poke:

I say polished housings

jdgleason

Reaction score
Addicted to men? Sounds right up Steven's alley.

I was pretty surprised they didn't get business done too.

Lol I can't remember exactly what it was that happened... I think the guy went back on the price he was willing to take for it or something like that. He wanted almost as much as a brand new one and it had a dent.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
About damn time

Gonna be sick stevie boii

Thanks fellas! I'm getting super pumped again

I thought you went with an aftermarket hood?

Yeeeeeah.... Like JD said, the guy ended up being a scum bag. Hood had never been installed but had a dent in a tough spot, plus he had been sitting on it for a long time so I low balled him at $250. He took it and it was set in motion. Made plans to have it picked up and the guy tried to run my credit card for $750 lol. So I passed. He's still got it too

What is being done with the compressor housings

Can't decide if I want to polish the housings and paint match the piping or the other way around. Personally, I think polishing or paint matching everything will be to much. What do you think? The old BFT looked good the way you had it

Addicted to men? Sounds right up Steven's alley.

Only for Nachos!!

BFT

Reaction score
I didn't catch what the color was going to be? Since I went with powder coating the pipes black untried to do all the fittings (a/n fittings and what not) the same and also keep all hoses the same.
Neat and getting to stuff easy is what I like, that's why I changed where my regulator went. Only if I could've found a regulator that could take that PSI and not look like a black rubber fist

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm gonna have JD mount my regulator like yours was for sure. We are painting this one a variation of a Foose butterscortch pearl.

I'm tempted to have the valve covers polished to match the polishing elsewhere.

gman1

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm gonna have JD mount my regulator like yours was for sure. We are painting this one a variation of a Foose butterscortch pearl.

I'm tempted to have the valve covers polished to match the polishing elsewhere.

Polishing the valve covers would look awesome. But with all the crap covering them you would not be able to see them. Save your money and put it elsewhere.

Last edited:

AllanB

Reaction score
Picking my truck up tomorrow from paint! Hopefully you guys won't be much longer. I really want to see that truck in the color ya'll chose. I was thinking about going with an orange, and then I saw your thread here. I ended up going with a blue pearl - it looks amazing in pics, I hope it looks as good (or better) in person.

Here's a teaser...

190_zpsb038476c.jpg

That looks Badass. Is that Deep Impact Blue? I have been thinking about painting mine DIB, and using some flat black for any trim colors. That truck looks killer.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Polishing the valve covers would look awesome. But with all the crap covering them you would not be able to see them. Save your money and put it elsewhere.

Yeah thats true. I love the way Settlemire's truck looked with all his stuff polished. I'll probably clone what he did, minus the black.

AllanB

Reaction score
I am with on that Steve. When you lift the hood, and you need a pair of sunshades to look at the motor, then you have enough Bling under he hood LOL

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Trust me, I know. I was part of Steves last Five Year Power Stroke plan :swordfight:

Lol 3 years and I loved every minute of it. This one will be done just inside a year and I'm pumped. That's never happened to me, ever LOL

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I doubt he will even dyno this one just like the OBS, I think he just enjoys the attention during the build...

Zane was supposed to take the truck over to industrial and hit it hard with 4 stages. Just never came to fruition. This little truck isn't gonna do anything impressive on fuel since its stock. I'll be happy with 730-750. What I really want is to run an 11.90 or better at bandimere. Either way, build something that'll make power other than a ski boat and we'll talk

Status
Not open for further replies.