New street toy build

Status
Not open for further replies.

imelmo

Reaction score
That harness is why I'm probably just gonna go aftermarket for the motors, actuators,and stuff and just use factory panels/switches. Sounds like it's a real hassle dealing with that harness, even just getting to it.

Last edited:

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I did a power conversion on my 00 F-450 std cab. I used a relay block that I mounted to the firewall to power the windows, locks, and mirrors.

I used the factory wiring harness from an extended cab that I stripped down to work in the regular cab and ran it like factory. Where it plugs into under the dash is where I spliced in my relay block.

Came out very clean and everything worked like factory. Only thing I changed, was I switched the power supply for the windows from key on power to always hot power. (I have a bad habit of forgetting to put the windows up before I turn off the truck)

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Updates? Really enjoying this build.

Truck should be headed off for paint within a week or two. Thanks to imelmo, I decided that the truck is gonna get shot a butterscotch color similar to the bottom of this car:

SROY_winnersm.jpg

JD wanted to do orange for awhile now and I just wasn't sold on it, until Danny found the color :D

At this point in the build though, things start to move slow due to the amount of detail required. I do know JD is gonna be tearing into the engine soon as well so, progress is being made but with anything, it just takes a little time

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I hope you are running polished wheels with that color. I don't think it would pop as good with painted ones.

imelmo

Reaction score
I think black would be bad-ass on a truck.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Black rims will look like chit with that paint color. Plain and simple. If you want a work truck with a cool paint job that just looks mediocour in the end, then roll with that paint and black rims. If you want something that pops and looks like it's meant to be prestine, then go with chrome/polished aluminum.

Don't spend the money on a bad ass paint job just to "work truck" it down with black rims...

Last edited:

imelmo

Reaction score
I'm just sitting here laughing at the hate. I remember all the people that tried talking me out of the paint scheme I came up with for the Pumpkin too. And the stacks. And the decals. Etc, etc... LOL

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Black rims will look like chit with that paint color. Plain and simple. If you want a work truck with a cool paint job that just looks mediocour in the end, then roll with that paint and black rims. If you want something that pops and looks like it's meant to be prestine, then go with chrome/polished aluminum.

Don't spend the money on a bad ass paint job just to "work truck" it down with black rims...

LOL

MINK

Reaction score
I'm just sitting here laughing at the hate. I remember all the people that tried talking me out of the paint scheme I came up with for the Pumpkin too. And the stacks. And the decals. Etc, etc... LOL

Nah I just hate black wheels LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online