new to the site....cam question?

goodie85

Reaction score
Charles always makes mini article replies LOL

Hey I'm not complaining, I need all the info I can get. I much rather have a lengthy description and explanation on things than no info.

Starting young with no knowledge on diesels sucks, but we've all been there right?

The statement "once you drive a diesel, you'll never want a gasser again" is so true. I love these things, just not the price tags on parts and whatnot.

I like building them fast gassers though as well...

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I didn't figure that you were. You have been around long enough to know. I was just letting the new guy that started the thread know so he didn't take offense to charles and his abrasive way of passing on info.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
As long as you don't ask how to make your truck roll coal driving past the local 7-11 you'll be fine and welcome to the army!!!

I'm in the process of building a strong engine for my obs.

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! I'm in the same boat you are in. I just recently graduated two years back. So only being 19 and diving into the diesel realm is quite a big jump for some. Also, I will say you have joined personally one of the greatest forums for diesel help. I have learned quite a bit from these guys, and what I was still learning on they have helped me better understand.

I currently am working on building on to my setup, to someday reach the 450-550hp mark. So far, my setup is down to studs, push rods, springs, & 250/200s!!!

Also as far as your tranny goes. Don't sweat it I'm about to test out how well a Jasper will hold up! They sware it will hold. So the 250s will put this tranny to the test for sure.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Building a.4r100 for.a modded.diesel is terrifying to lots of.places. My local guy who.was.bragging about trannys in some 900hp novas and other cars locked up when I said.I needed one for a diesel truck. "I built a couple.of those and we dont do those anymore.."

OBS Boysel

Reaction score
My truck was so much fun on a set of 175cc 100%nozzle with a H2E turbo,Gen 3 pump and TS chip. It was just short of 400 hp and you did not have to worry about EGTs and it was a really quick truck

Charles

Reaction score
Building a.4r100 for.a modded.diesel is terrifying to lots of.places. My local guy who.was.bragging about trannys in some 900hp novas and other cars locked up when I said.I needed one for a diesel truck. "I built a couple.of those and we dont do those anymore.."

Classic, lol.

Exactly my point.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My buddy Scotty was home from California and we took his 09 z06 to this same guy to get.info.on aftermarket clutches. The guy was droppin shti about the auto he built.for Scotts new camaro that he traded for the vette. The car had a.cam, heads, and a supercharger and was quick. It.dynoed just over 600hp. This guy was goin on about.scottys."700hp rwhp.camaro.with my.trans in it" I interjected , "Yeah, thats great but.you were gripped with horror when I asked.you to build a trans for sub 350hp diesel!" All he.said.was.how.much torque they make bla bla bla...

I might just ask every local shop just to.watch these."builders" go into convulsions,lol...

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
Just take a good local race shop a racer x and kit they talk about how great the kit is and dont mind building them. At least thats what i did.

goodie85

Reaction score
I was just talking to a guy at our local dyno (had to get my other "project" tuned) and the guy has the same transmission as me and he was getting his truck dynoed. Needless to say I'm pretty beyond confident with Certified's Road Ripper the trans is warrantied up to 250 over stock so right around 400hp. The truck dynoed at 492hp and he said the trans has been in the truck for 2 years as he's built up the mods. I didn't ask what was all done just because of the fact he didn't really want me to even see the numbers it was pushing. He then went on saying to the worker that was dynoing his truck "I can't believe that trans is holding up that well over what it's warrantied at" which is when I asked what trans he had and he told me. I can't believe how reluctant people are on telling you whats done to their truck and what numbers it's pushing

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im amazed at how long a.stock.trans.will live. Im also.amazed at how.quick my truck will frikkin decimate a rebuild thats "upgraded". My trucks had ac's for about two months now. I kept it.on the DL because I got em for free and I didnt really want them. I want 250/200's if Chuck will help me tune it. Even with 80% nozzles its ok,imo. What Im trying to say is the.difference is to.stock is.what a stock tune is to a.race tune on a truck with stock.sticks. Its not.enough. Buuuut, the mileage increase was nice. Now.to rope this.back into the original feel for.this.thread, I plowed.through two local trans.rebuilds. One was a complete failure. Parts scattered inside the.case. Then failure number two.was a.twisted.to hell input.shaft. I got stock, used 4r.put a triple.disc.convertor.in it and its.holding.up fine. Im not.real sure what kind of.power Im making but a 9klb truck with 37's that will blow the tires off prety easily has to be around 400. 300 wont do that. Im sure somebody.will know and.chime in what 175/80's will do with a 38r.

I.can tell you OP if.my.truck is at.400 I want more, especially with 38's in your.case.

My truck tows.100% better with the ac's and actually I am able to.get the.38r moving.some air.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Im sure somebody.will know and.chime in what 175/80's will do with a 38r.

I.can tell you OP if.my.truck is at.400 I want more, especially with 38's in your.case.

My truck tows.100% better with the ac's and actually I am able to.get the.38r moving.some air.

So are you running 175/80's or stock AC's?

Charles

Reaction score
Being secretive about vehicle modifications sub 500rwhp is pretty damn gay in the first place.

So he made 4xx hp. Who gives a *** what's on the truck, lol. That can be done in roughly a bazillion ways with very minimal effort, so what's the secret?

LOL

People being all secretive about everyday bs make me chuckle.

TyCorr

Reaction score
So are you running 175/80's or stock AC's?

They were ac's out of an international engine. Something with a t444e. Given to me. Put nozzles on em and tuned it. It'll burn the tires but it wasnt worth starting a thread over. Does the nozzle physically change them from an ac code inj? Whatever.

Charles- Ive never dicked with this.truck other than a chip and lift/tires. Im not trying to.do.anything innovative. I was planning on pulling.the 250+k mile ad's and getting a standard hybrid to run and eventually build a set of towing compounds. Thats it! Clean 500 hp.The ac's were free and are as gay as stock superduty injectors imo. Im.sure glad I.didnt.pay for them. Edit: Sorry, I thought you were referring to my post where I said I put a set of inj's in but didnt.announce it. Now I.realize what you are saying.is.exactly why I didnt put forth what I had done. I honestly dont care for these inj's. Almost a tease,imo.

@chvyrkr-posting from my phone so the periods and flow of my sentences are ***ked. Sorry!

Last edited:

neverkickn

Reaction score
They were ac's out of an international engine. Something with a t444e. Given to me. Put nozzles on em and tuned it. It'll burn the tires but it wasnt worth starting a thread over. Does the nozzle physically change them from an ac code inj? Whatever.

Hell if I know, i just thought AC's where 160cc.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Could be. These were pulled for.me by the guy who.rebuilt dads Cat. He rebuilt.the.motor and had to get new inj(no.core needed) for the motor. Had midwest put nozzles on them.

Latest posts

Members online