Nitrous help

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
I only used it one time on the dyno until I get a built trans. Just wanted to see what it would make and be some what competitive. Still got second. Last year bigrpowr beat me and I got second also HAHA

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yea it was towards you. After hearing that I'd almost def want to gate

I don't think the motor was over revved or anything to cause it plus it was only exhaust valves.

Corsilli sprayed the **** out of his truck at the Dpc and i'm pretty sure without a gate. His motor took a dump at the sled pulls not sure if it mattered since he hit neutral spraying nitrous but you gotta wonder how the pistons looked.before hand.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

madman1234509

Reaction score
Anyone else care to share their nitrous set ups. What kind of kit, where you got it, activation set ups, jetting sizes, size and number of bottles. Power increase over what your setup was making before hand?

AllanB

Reaction score
For you guys trying to buld your trucks as you go on what you can afford. Just remember the old saying "you gotta pay to spray" Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against spraying. Never had my 6.0 launch better than when I was running it on a WOT with a .82.
The 6.4's, today tunes have got these motors pushing so much hp, I think most of us are pushing our luck without being studded. I don't believe I would push it any further unless I had the cash in hand to stud it. Also transmissions and turbos can get expensive really quick. Just somthing to keep in mind.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
At the dpc the truck was on stock everything other than trans tune and exhaust and the truck was sprayed heavily for at least 10k before that

Sent by my Nexus powered by this (╯°□°)╯

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Just got done on the dyno. Used Jefferson state trailer dyno, uncorrected fuel only 611hp 1083tq. Nitrous .110 jet 813hp 1292 uncorrected. I only did one run on nitrous since I'm on stock trans. Mods are in signature.

Wait, So your telling me stock injectors have enough fuel to support 800hp? What am I missing? Wouldn't that mean with a big enough turbo you could do the same? Or am I totally missing something?

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
Wait, So your telling me stock injectors have enough fuel to support 800hp? What am I missing? Wouldn't that mean with a big enough turbo you could do the same? Or am I totally missing something?

I was in dis belief too when i was in the truck and I was told the numbers. crazy how it fueled that hard my motor is bone stock with bolt ons. I'm running the newest h&s 300 tune with the low boost on 5. in the video it clears up a little and then keeps chugging till I hit the rev limiter LOL I will see if i can post the dyno sheet.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone else care to share their nitrous set ups. What kind of kit, where you got it, activation set ups, jetting sizes, size and number of bottles. Power increase over what your setup was making before hand?
4 years ago I sprayed a .040 and .072 which equals a .93 jet at the track and on the Dyno. 1st stage was wot and 2nd was on a button. Made 708/1330 on Dyno and ran 12.3@110. Even spraying it gently at the track the trans was toast. Got hot and slipped after that.
At the dpc the truck was on stock everything other than trans tune and exhaust and the truck was sprayed heavily for at least 10k before that

Sent by my Nexus powered by this (╯°□°)╯
I don't recall you making passes on spray back then.

I was in dis belief too when i was in the truck and I was told the numbers. crazy how it fueled that hard my motor is bone stock with bolt ons. I'm running the newest h&s 300 tune with the low boost on 5. in the video it clears up a little and then keeps chugging till I hit the rev limiter LOL I will see if i can post the dyno sheet.

Honestly I think the tunes nowadays fuel a lot harder , but lift pump and a good hpfp may be helping there. Your truck smoked more than mine did with an elite hpfp and 60's with nitrous and I only made 800/1550.

madman1234509

Reaction score

The only thing I can think is larger turbos take more heat/energy/power to spin. Which means more fuel used, less hp made. Slightly robbing power... due to the heat/energy loss. Instead of using all that energy to spin big turbos, nitrous is basically free oxygen to combust, free as in the motor isnt using heat/energy to produce it and can use all of the fuel to burn all of that extra oxygen, instead of using the fuel to create the oxygen.

Ive heard of some instances people who drag or whatever completely opening their waste gates at some point in the race and just using massive amounts of nitrous to get down the track

madman1234509

Reaction score
4 years ago I sprayed a .040 and .072 which equals a .93 jet at the track and on the Dyno. 1st stage was wot and 2nd was on a button. Made 708/1330 on Dyno and ran 12.3@110.

Can I ask how a .040 and a .072 = a .93? Is there a way to figure the math on combining jets like that, or a chart? Those arent considered very big right? ( For all of us nitrous dummies...)

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Its about adding surface area. There is a big formula for it but basically like two ,075 jets equal a .110 I'll see what I can dig up

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

madman1234509

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. All this is pretty interesting. Looking on the NX express site and rudys, the kits seem pretty straight forward. Obv the stacker 4 comes with a few more goods and a larger selenoid.

1 question. When you are using a push button activation, obvsiously you hold it to keep it activated. What is the safest way to stop, say at the end of the track or end of the dyno run, let go of the button just before you let off or the same time or what? Or do you wire your push button in with the WOT switch? Can you run a stage off of the WOT switch and also use the switch as a saftey for the push button?

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
.110 jet has a surface area of .095 square inches.

.075 jet has a surface area of .0049 square inches. So 2 .075 jets has the surface area of. 098 square inches, pretty dang close to that of the single .110.

Garrett

encrypted with an enigma machine

Latest posts

Members online