No Limit 6.0 pics

slc6oh

Reaction score
Ill put my heavy diesel mechanic 2cents in.

while ill say is an intake is an intake to a point, it is only as good as its filter. k&n is garbage..... on anything. that sees anything other than 100% pavement use. and even then... meh.

simple, smooth, and large as can be seem to be about the norm across the board on heavy diesel. then topping em off with usually some sort of gigantic Donaldson powercore or paper filter. those engines go though hell. and or **** load of miles. Downside with those filters is that they don't flow.

the afe 7 layer deal and outerwear I have on my NL intake has yet to let any dust in, and my afe in the same conditions did let dust in once..

new turbo flows I'm guessing 2x the cfm on the compressor side, as it makes twice the boost my stock charger did. I had my filter minder in for a 35psi run, it didn't budge. that's my selling point to it working. (plugged the minder hole, as its obviousally not really needed anymore, I highly doubt ill ever let that filter go long enough to even partially restrict airflow)

The noise I doubt is any louder than any other intake that is an open/partially open style intake.

my little 362fmw with the window down is pretty bitchin sounding in the 25-30ish psi range while towing... roll the window up, and not much louder whistle than stock charger with an airaid intake.

love my NL intake. sucker barely fits, but it does fit, and that's the name of the game, bigger filter that actually filters good, will allow more flow.

(think I'm gonna pull it off this weekend and polish it... thought I didn't care for polished, but now I think I want it chiney. haha)

Smack284

Reaction score
any1 else have a problem with their no limit 6.0 intake? my air minder is very loose, tried the grommet that came with it and my old one. Also my filter came brand new with a tear at the bottom rubber which happens to get covered by the clamp.....

slc6oh

Reaction score
19e50e5a65b5bd7b37a4073b9b62ceb6.jpg

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
any1 else have a problem with their no limit 6.0 intake? my air minder is very loose, tried the grommet that came with it and my old one. Also my filter came brand new with a tear at the bottom rubber which happens to get covered by the clamp.....

Give us a call at the shop and we'll help you out!

strokin6L

Reaction score

My intake didn't fit...had to send it back. One thing I did notice is that the filter in the No Limit intake us the exact same size as the filter in my AFE stage 2 intake.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
My intake didn't fit...had to send it back. One thing I did notice is that the filter in the No Limit intake us the exact same size as the filter in my AFE stage 2 intake.

This would be totally false. It's about twice the size. Off the top of my head The AFE stage 2 is 5.25 x 8.5 , ours is 7.25 x 13.2 .... . Still have no idea why you could t get yours to fit , they are a tight fit but we sold a couple thousand of them.

Last edited:

strokin6L

Reaction score
It's the same Mike... I just remeasured and it's the exact same measurements as the ones you use. Yeah idk why it wouldn't go, still kinda bummed about it. Installed one on my buddy's 6.7 and it fit like a glove and looks awesome!

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah they must have Added a part number. I saw one open box version they have now. It uses the filter we use to use. It's still a higher intake air speed setup and It's still 1.2" shorter though. They probably didn't like the fact we had a bigger setup . Glad you're happy !

Last edited:

strokin6L

Reaction score
I got my stage 2 intake like 6-7 yrs ago tho. So they were using these big filters for a while on the AFE stage 2 intakes

Laybourn74

Reaction score
Not impressed with the quality! I will be sending these back, hopefully they can get me some better ones! Especially when you're spending $800

Attachments

• Snapchat-1250346491567087086.jpg
    Snapchat-1250346491567087086.jpg
    573.4 KB · Views: 187
  • Snapchat-6394220995052913962.jpg
    Snapchat-6394220995052913962.jpg
    537.8 KB · Views: 177
  • Snapchat-7731843976756116409.jpg
    Snapchat-7731843976756116409.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Snapchat-7531081916379899498.jpg
    Snapchat-7531081916379899498.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Snapchat-8414647539104794597.jpg
    Snapchat-8414647539104794597.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 162

rekt

Reaction score
Ill put my heavy diesel mechanic 2cents in.

while ill say is an intake is an intake to a point, it is only as good as its filter. k&n is garbage..... on anything. that sees anything other than 100% pavement use. and even then... meh.

simple, smooth, and large as can be seem to be about the norm across the board on heavy diesel. then topping em off with usually some sort of gigantic Donaldson powercore or paper filter. those engines go though hell. and or **** load of miles. Downside with those filters is that they don't flow.

the afe 7 layer deal and outerwear I have on my NL intake has yet to let any dust in, and my afe in the same conditions did let dust in once..

That is 90% the outerwears keeping the dust etc out... Put an outwear on a k&n and youll see same results. Ive run outwears on my jetski, my banshee and tons of my buddies with side by sides run em they are great.

Also serious question why run such a big intake when it just all bottle necks down to the much smaller turbo inlet anyways?

Reaction score
That is 90% the outerwears keeping the dust etc out... Put an outwear on a k&n and youll see same results. Ive run outwears on my jetski, my banshee and tons of my buddies with side by sides run em they are great.

Also serious question why run such a big intake when it just all bottle necks down to the much smaller turbo inlet anyways?
More initial filter surface area gives you longer service intervals without worry of restriction as it becomes "dirty"

slc6oh

Reaction score

I have never had even "decent" luck with k&n. Pantyhose then An outerwear on my quad, still dusted it some. Same with the rzr, same with my last two mustangs And the f150..

Anything not used offroad At all a k&n is fine, unless it's dusty outside.

The huge filter last longer, holds more dirt, and being a 7 layer filter with An outerwear i feel better about it..

5" pipe bottlenecked all the way down to 4""-
the fact that its a solid 8" (if not more) in transition id call that a "gradual reduction"

Im not a scientist that can go into flow numbers or cfm cause i simply dont have that info,

But if its moving enough air to make (even my not extreme) 40# of boost, un restricted, un interfered airflow seems key....air is being drawn through it, not pushed so theres no "velocity" issues like with down pipes. Or at least one would think.

cRaZy8

Reaction score

What hot side pipe is that? And whose T4 kit do you have?
I need the clearance that you have between the hot side pipe and the alternator and the pipe to AC line clearance. Mine rubs. I have the Mishimoto pipes (rubbed with stock pipes also).

slc6oh

Reaction score
What hot side pipe is that? And whose T4 kit do you have?

I need the clearance that you have between the hot side pipe and the alternator and the pipe to AC line clearance. Mine rubs. I have the Mishimoto pipes (rubbed with stock pipes also).

There just sinister pipes and smeding boots. Well the connection at the hot side intercooler is an hps stepped bellow type boot

cRaZy8

Reaction score
There just sinister pipes and smeding boots. Well the connection at the hot side intercooler is an hps stepped bellow type boot

Sinister pipes in polished not blue? Which T4 kit do you have?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.