OBS 7.3 engine and pickup build HP goal is in the 600HP range

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
What kind of updates are you looking for? I have a little over 6k miles on it now. Over 1k was put on in one day pulling a load. Had to pick up some cattle. It runs nice. Plenty of power.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I have done a quarter run mile run three time all three times were 99.something but one run was 100.something.

This is what I manual Transmission and a clutch that slips bad. I can not take off very hard or it will slip. And it slips in every gear under full throttle. Well not the first 3 gears. after that it likes to slip bad.

With a good DD clutch It would be a easy 100+ (Might even hit the 102+ mark) every time. That is not even getting to crazy with shifty. There is a couple sincros bad and it takes longer to get it in those gears. With a auto and boosted launch I would think 106+ would be possible. It pulls hard even @ 100 MPH in 6th gear.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Did you stay with the air dog? What did you with the return line or did you have a regulator after injectors?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes I have the airdog on there still. But would like to swap it out someday for the A1000 or dual SD pumps. I bought the airdog thinking that it would be perfect. BUT it was not. If I would have known back then, what I know now the Airdog would never had been bought. They claim it for the 94-03 7.3 Powerstroke's. BUT It will only work on the 99-03 unless you do a lot of changing around. Besides that thing makes a lot of noise!

I do not have a regulator after the injectors. The way it is setup the fuel return goes right into the factor return line. I have a four feed system right now all four corners are getting fuel to them. I would like to try a regulated return system sometime that has the fuel go in on side of the heads and out the other, And see if that makes a difference.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
With regulator on the pump and one at engine how do you set both of them?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
The regulator on the OBS i just discarded it. I took the fuel bowl and regulator and pump off and just used the airdog filter and regulator to do it.

If you were to use a regulator up by the engine, Just set the AirDog about 5 to 10 PSI more then the regulator by the engine is set at and you should be good.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Member was saying two regulators fighting eack other was bad for the pump.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
In all honesty I do not see how that could be. All the airdog is doing is in a setup like that is keeping the fuel needed to the second regulator. It will in fact not work the pump any harder then if it was run as a unit all on it own. Another Reason i say this is because the Air Dog regulator is a internal regulator. So by setting it a little higher then the regulator up by the engine, Would keep the fuel supply right all the time to the regulator up by the engine. The motor on the AirDog pump never shuts off. It runs non stop. All the regulator does is bleeds off the pressure not needed. So in that theory the pump will work no harder then if there was only one regulator. Another ting by setting the AirDog Regulator a couple pounds higher should help keep fuel pressure drop from being as bad when you first stomp on the skinny pedal.

I will say this I am not impressed with the AirDog. Main reason so far is it is loud.

With that said I could very well be wrong. If that member has tested it and found that to be true, I would take his advice on it no questions asked!

Could you share his reason for it? I would like to hear it!

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I remember him saying that about the regulators and end turn hurting the pump motor. Air dog not having a good reputation for reliability.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes that is one more thing with AirDog. They are very well known for just up and stoping. That another thing that scares me about it. I will be redoing fuel system soon I hope. No need to have a ticking Time bomb for a fuel pump.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
I am running dual SD pumps.
Had one go out on me while on the road.
Got into the pedal a bit and first time ever noticed a 5-8 psi drop.
Outside the truck I put my hands on both pumps.
Sure as dog azz one was fried.
Stupid fleabay pump.
Continued driving.
Two days later of dd the truck replaced bad pump with Ford pump.
I like this idea better then getting stuck on the side of the road.
Hope the best for you no matter what you choose but seeing all the negative about the reliability issues, when time/$ allows change it.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I am running dual SD pumps.
Had one go out on me while on the road.
Got into the pedal a bit and first time ever noticed a 5-8 psi drop.
Outside the truck I put my hands on both pumps.
Sure as dog azz one was fried.
Stupid fleabay pump.
Continued driving.
Two days later of dd the truck replaced bad pump with Ford pump.
I like this idea better then getting stuck on the side of the road.
Hope the best for you no matter what you choose but seeing all the negative about the reliability issues, when time/$ allows change it.

LOL I hear you there!! I already have my eye on TWO Factory SD pumps... :D
And the filters and regulator to make it all work. Now I just have to do it!

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Heres how I did mine.
Bad pic and lines have been re done.
And no Im not running a raptor lol.
Left over line from old s***

IMG_4857.jpg

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
The filter bases have two input two output each.
Some of the lines are hidden.
Blue line from sump.
Two out from the water separator/pre filter.
Then each pump has its own feed from there.
Two inputs from the pumps to the final filter.
One line to the motor.
Like I said bad pic haha.
Pre filter has one input plugged.
Post has one output plugged.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I Connected it to the factory return port on the tank selector. So I have no return line from the engine now just the one from the AirDog that goes to the tank selector return port. It is a very simple design really. Its just to bad the AirDogs are loud and do not have a good history of lasting long.