Odd ball 38R...

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
He is smoking crack...

It was drop shipped from Garrett to me, via Diesel Innovations

Ahhh, that makes sense then. DI and PTP have the same rep. But Garrett does not drop ship, it would have had to come from our same distributor. There are only 5 distributors in the US for Garrett and in our region its the same one. When did you purchase it? I can have him look it up.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Ahhh, that makes sense then. DI and PTP have the same rep. But Garrett does not drop ship, it would have had to come from our same distributor. There are only 5 distributors in the US for Garrett and in our region its the same one. When did you purchase it? I can have him look it up.

About 7 years ago, somewhere between 5-7 years ago...

under pressure

Reaction score
Why wouldnt yours be rivited but the new one is ?
I posted some more differences between the tags, for sure not stamped on the same machine unless they changed the letterin a little.
Different company and time period could explaine that though.

Last edited:

BB540C2

Reaction score
From seeing all this i'm :confused: & worried.

I just recieved my WWII for my 38R today, & I just hope it fits :eek: uploadfromtaptalk1360796718846.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

CSIPSD

Reaction score
My main focus this weekend will be getting a motor back in my truck, but if we have time I will pull the turbo and measure it!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
so the inducer on your turbo is smaller then the WW2 wheel you bought...
Funny I gad a 38R and I am almost 100% shore when i measured it it was between 63 and 64 mm inducer. can remember for shore though..
Will be interesting to see what you get for a dimension...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Well news from Garrett is that nothing has changed at all about the GTP38R since its introduction so I'll leave it at that.

Well thats horse crap, Its quite clear this 38R does not have the correct size compressor wheel in it...

Tom S

Reaction score
Well news from Garrett is that nothing has changed at all about the GTP38R since its introduction so I'll leave it at that.

It is also my personal opinion that they did make some small change when they were "reintroduced"

Next question is does Garrett actually make these in house or do they farm work out.

under pressure

Reaction score
Could be done.. The chra was about 550$ at one time....[maybe that was trade in program]......you can also by a BB chra for the stock turbo 700$ i seen on a turbo parts website... Would probably cost more to counterfit though with correct looking parts.

Latest posts

Members online