Offer too good to refuse?

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
He's gonna have his wife talk to the bank now and see what's up with getting a loan. I think he's gonna wanna finance the large majority of the cost. I guess we shall see how much they'll loan and what he has to come up with to make it all work.

I'm leaning towards lettin him have it, but still not sure. Y'all are all right and making sense, I know I should sell it. We'll just see if I can actually do it.

There should be a great Loan amount on that truck...banks dk how to loan on a diesel...they think they last forever because 'its a diesel'...

And compared to their counterparts they will...

Hell before I wrecked my 06 the loan value on it was 27k w 100k miles

Viking

Reaction score
There should be a great Loan amount on that truck...banks dk how to loan on a diesel...they think they last forever because 'its a diesel'...

And compared to their counterparts they will...

Hell before I wrecked my 06 the loan value on it was 27k w 100k miles

Not my bank, the diesels are rated along with the gassers.

faster7581

Reaction score
over 100k most banks wont touch the loan, i was gonna put 16k down on one with 125k miles, they wouldnt do it, found one with 75, im driving it now.

imelmo

Reaction score
I've got a friend that is wanting to buy my truck. He wants it pretty bad because he knows how I take care of my stuff and happens to want one already lifted. I dont know that I'm really wanting a new truck, but also don't want to walk away from an offer ill never get again.

My question to you guys is: if you had my truck, what do you think would be your offer that was too good to turn down?

Specs on the truck: 2008 f250 fx4, 96500mi, leather, power seats, power heated mirrors.

As far as mods go, sct live wire with Gearhead tunes except race, sinister egr delete, dpf/cat delete pipe and magnaflow dpf back exhaust and air raid intake

Suspension is 7"icon coils, 2.5omega bypass shocks up front, icon 2.5 piggy backs in rear, PMF 4link and traction blocks, 20x10 bmf stealth SOTAs, pretty new toyo mt 37s.
Pretty sure that's it. The truck is very clean and well maintained. It's a pavement queen and is washed at least weekly.

Here's a pic just to show.
11-65EBF208D1B5-18077-00000944EB85561B_zps526541bc.jpg

I think the question should be can you make yourself another truck you'd be happy with, with what he's offering since you have no real reason to sell it.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I think the question should be can you make yourself another truck you'd be happy with, with what he's offering since you have no real reason to sell it.

I think I could build one identical to it out of the red one I found on eBay for about that price. But in all reality I will upgrade, whether it be to a newer 6.4 or a 6.7 or possibly even a raptor. I'm in a fine place to buy a new truck financially but I'm happy with what I have. I'd just hate to want to sell it in a year and only be able get 24k for it or whatever.

ToMang07

Reaction score
If your buddy has the means to buy it, you won't get an option to sell it for that much again.

I say sell it, and get a 6.7

Dustball8504

Reaction score
It's just a truck :poke:

I'm with these guys, his offer is more than reasonable. If you can stand to see if go down the road then sell it.

BKopp

Reaction score
I know you guys don't know me as I'm new on this forum, but deals with friends don't end well if in a couple months the truck implodes for whatever reason. Especially if he knows he's paying premium dollar. Just food for thought

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TripleE44

Reaction score
I know you guys don't know me as I'm new on this forum, but deals with friends don't end well if in a couple months the truck implodes for whatever reason. Especially if he knows he's paying premium dollar. Just food for thought

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's a very good point man. I've given some thought to that too. I plan on having a conversation on that prior to him purchasing if I do go through with it.

We've been friends since 7th grade and he was my best man so I'd hope he would know I'm not gonna sell him something I know has issues.

java

Reaction score
Id sell it and get a 6.7, I LOVE driving my dads tuned 6.7! LOL

rascal

Reaction score
I love extended cabs! That is a sweet truck but the 6.7's are really nice too. I had one and miss it terribly.

As far as people talking about what banks will loan; USAA loaned me 15K for my 12 year old (at the time) truck and it had 109K on the odometer.

Good luck

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.