OIL FILTER STUCK ON!!!

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
It's is so hard to understand you because no punctuation. Sorry but I had to say it.

Posted from ***itville, USA

It is fine English is my major weak point I was pushed through it in school because of no child left behind and I have a learning disability I am no way offended it just sucks.

mustube

Reaction score
It's is so hard to understand you because no punctuation. Sorry but I had to say it.

Posted from ***itville, USA

If you're going to get on him for punctuation at least use some grammar in your post.

I have a filter wrench that has a chain on it. I would try to find one like that and put it right at the top of the filter and give it hell, maybe beat on it with a hammer. I have never met a filter I couldn't get off with my wrench. The rubber strap wrenches always seem to slip for me.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Cross threaded and over tightened to compensate for the resultant leak. Gonna be pulling an oil cooler soon.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
If you're going to get on him for punctuation at least use some grammar in your post.

I have a filter wrench that has a chain on it. I would try to find one like that and put it right at the top of the filter and give it hell, maybe beat on it with a hammer. I have never met a filter I couldn't get off with my wrench. The rubber strap wrenches always seem to slip for me.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

I tried the rubber one failed and the metal one I used also has a 10 inch handle. Now for a hammer I used a 32 OZ framing hammer along with 3LB mini sledge. I think making someone else do it is the better option now.

TyCorr

Reaction score
If a vise grip and the screw driver didn't work its Cross threaded and tightened beyond all reason.

caladash

Reaction score
X2 on the chain style vise grip set up. For some reason this happened twice to me. Im the only one who does my oil changes. First time I got the chain style strap wrench with the vise grip handle and it worked. Second time was doing an oil change prior to my engine removal. Engine came out and I had to pull the oil cooler to remove the filter. Engine was being removed for other reasons. If worst comes to worst, pull the oil cooler and remove it that way. It is possible that the rear mount may need to be replaced. Its not hard....just requires draining the coolant. Good time to do a coolant service as well!

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Just tried taking a ratchet strap and applying pressure for a period of time then using some force it did not budge one bit. I guess I should pony up the money now and get the vise grip chain style.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
20140411_170324_zpschmrbpnb.jpg.html

Last edited: