Options for Compounds with a 38R

Reaction score
Everything I'm doing that's turbo related is based on what Pius recommends. I'm planning on a 2 or 3 stage nitrous system (leaning hard towards 3 stages) to put the motor up to around 1Krwhp and I want to make sure I have adequate gating. I'd rather over do it than under do it on the gating.

Would it be an issue to just vent the drivers side up pipe to atmosphere?

Not much point in putting a gate on each uppipe. Run one bigger gate on the uppipe collector and vent it to the intermediate pipe to help the atmosphere turbo get spooled. You won't be under doing the gates and there's no reason to over complicate things by running more gates than you need.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Would it be an issue to just vent the drivers side up pipe to atmosphere?

Yes, you would then be taking drive pressure from the other charger which would make the setup tricky to tune, not to mention less efficient.

DocBar

Reaction score
You get your Bell/Pius atmosphere turbo yet?
Not yet, but I've been too busy to pester Pius about it. That's kind of on the back burner for now. I've had some big expenditures lately and now I'm more concerned with getting that billet Stealth stage II that bigstroker has up for sale. I also want to get the 400/200's off to FFD and get them put back in. Once that's done, I'm going to schedule a live tuning session with Bill, since I'm only about 3 hours from his shop! I'll be adding the Hydra, also.

Lots of stuff going on just to support a compound set up I don't have yet!! :cursing:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I've been thinking about doing just that, but it's kinda become a challenge to get one from Bell. lol

Kinda? Become? Challenge?

I wouldnt probably wait that long for anything that I was paying for.

Charles

Reaction score
Jose at Forced Inductions. GT55-94 tomorrow if you want to pay the shipping, lol.

DocBar

Reaction score
Is Pius going to tune your truck?

lol
Nope. Pius doesn't have the experience you do and will tell anyone that. LOL-ish

I'll give you my truck for a week if you'll tune it, and never tell a soul who did the tuning. I'm leaning very hard towards dual HPOP's with dual IPR's on the final set up. I think you have more time than anyone else on dialing this in. And that includes mechanical HPO gauges.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online