P2073 code with IDP

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I know, I hated that I bought it after that code came back but I can't return it, I gave them the core.
Interesting that I sent PIP a message on Facebook and they replied this morning that they no longer support those type of tunes. They said by the names of my tune list it sounded like I have ********** or Absolute Perf tunes.

there is so much fail in this , not from you , just the bit at the end. some people's children !

BR459

Reaction score
Bigrpowr, I'm going to meet with the guys that did the work on my truck tomorrow. I had set that up on Wednesday. I'm going to see if I can get any help towards PIP, I'll give you a call back after I find out something, and again I appreciate the info and help thus far. I'll talk with you soon.

jwanck11

Reaction score
I talked with ********** three times on the phone trying to figure this out. I've tuned the truck to stock, then tuned the "load first" tune and then loaded the street tune back to the truck. Light and code and CEL never came up for 2-3 days. Came back after that and called them again and the guy I talked to said he has never heard of that code coming up on the 6.7. He said that I would either have to get a new tune for the truck. Custom tune I'm guessing is what he meant to keep that code and cel light coming on. He said I could either do that or just live with the CEL and code all the time. I'm getting tired of looking Down and seeing the light on my dash. I have the CEL and TPMS light on on my dash and it's getting a little annoying.

The issue for me is that the CEL will not allow the remote start function to work - and that sucks!

Frankly, it is ridiculous that we are dealing with 2073 and 2074. There are enough of us to substantiate there is an issue.

Reaction score
The issue for me is that the CEL will not allow the remote start function to work - and that sucks!

Frankly, it is ridiculous that we are dealing with 2073 and 2074. There are enough of us to substantiate there is an issue.

Yeah and when you ask them they say that they've never heard of the code???

BR459

Reaction score
Is there any harm to running the race tune all of the time? I loaded it yesterday and haven't thrown the 2073 code since.

BR459

Reaction score
No harm as long as you're smart with the skinny pedal...

Tenfo!! I cannot believe the difference on the lie-o-meter so far. I was getting 21 on Hot Street, now after 100 miles on Race, driving easy, it's saying 24.5!
Probably really around 22 but that's still great.

Reaction score
How much hp is each tune giving the truck?

I've heard different numbers from different people just didn't know if anyone knew the true numbers your gaining with each tune. I've been running the street and it's a noticeable gain. I had the tow loaded for a day or so and it seemed like it was basically stock.

Lebber

Reaction score
I have the p2073 code as well after tuning with IDP...hate seeing the CEL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BR459

Reaction score
Day 3 on race tune and no code, no CEL. Go figure I did notice a low pitched whine on the turbo today that I haven't noticed before but I think the race tune keeps the turbo spooled up more-so than others.