Peixinho's 700hp streetable, towable, DD build thread

peixinho

Reaction score
You run 0-2.4ms... not 2.4-x.x ms

ms stand for mili second. It is how long the high pressure oil pushes on the back of the intensifier piston inside the injector. The longer it pulses the more fuel is dumped. If you pulse longer than 2.4ms at high rpm you risk the chance of advancing the timing so much that you will increase cylinder pressure past safe limits (you blow the motor)

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ok. That is what my thoughts are. I got from the way it was worded you were moving 240cc of fuel over xx amount of time in one SINGLE injection event. I was about to "awww, naw".

We're good! I apologize again for derailing.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Actually an injector's capacity is usually measured in "cubic millimeters". When they give it a "CC rating" that's when they flow test them with 1000 shots/cycles. So whatever size your injector is cut to (depending on whether you have open or closed spill ports of course) is pretty much all that that injector is capable of dumping in one stroke/firing of that cylinder.

Let's take a "205cc" (rated) injector. If that injector completely empties itself in a firing event, it will dump ~205 mm^3 of fuel into the cylinder. So what Charlie is saying is, with 2.4ms of PW at 4000 psi of ICP, Jesse Warren found that ~240cc of fuel made it out the nozzle and into the graduated cylinder that the injector dumped into on the flow bench in 1000 shots. So that means that ~.240cc/mL will dump into each cylinder that fires when ICP is 4000 psi and PW is 2.4ms. Hope this helps.

peixinho

Reaction score
Ok. That is what my thoughts are. I got from the way it was worded you were moving 240cc of fuel over xx amount of time in one SINGLE injection event. I was about to "awww, naw".

We're good! I apologize again for derailing.

:morons: Now I see where I was explaining everything wrong. Sorry...

Hope it makes more sense now.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, I know what pw is and how its measured. So the 6L must have much less delay from the time the ficm decides an injection takes place until it actually does? 7.3s the delay can be .7ms before soi. Hence values as high as 4 ms of pw.

Ill be continuing to follow your thread. Good so far!

peixinho

Reaction score
Yea, I know what pw is and how its measured. So the 6L must have much less delay from the time the ficm decides an injection takes place until it actually does? 7.3s the delay can be .7ms before soi. Hence values as high as 4 ms of pw.

Ill be continuing to follow your thread. Good so far!

Thanks for your support... I love talking/learning about this stuff

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im trying to learn about 6L. I looked at a white cclb 07 that was all ptm and black leather. Moonroof. It was nicer than my flippin Lincoln. But the coolant was oily and the oil cap had milky shti on it. When I took the degas cap off it hissed and tye truck had been sitting. I suspected hg's.

The ficm or a couple injectors were screwed up. It ran rough but would smooth out. I wanted to pay under 20 just because the estimated cost of making it something respectable. They were closer to 30 so I stayed away.

Had a 6L work truck back in 06 but it had an sct that didnt really do much from what I remember.

I would like a newer truck but im not huge fan of the 6.4 looks or function. 6.7 is too expensive.at the time.

Thanks for letting me linger and learn a bit. You guys are cool!

peixinho

Reaction score
Im trying to learn about 6L. I looked at a white cclb 07 that was all ptm and black leather. Moonroof. It was nicer than my flippin Lincoln. But the coolant was oily and the oil cap had milky shti on it. When I took the degas cap off it hissed and tye truck had been sitting. I suspected hg's.

The ficm or a couple injectors were screwed up. It ran rough but would smooth out. I wanted to pay under 20 just because the estimated cost of making it something respectable. They were closer to 30 so I stayed away.

Had a 6L work truck back in 06 but it had an sct that didnt really do much from what I remember.

I would like a newer truck but im not huge fan of the 6.4 looks or function. 6.7 is too expensive.at the time.

Thanks for letting me linger and learn a bit. You guys are cool!

We are all here for the same thing (well most of us) to educate ourselves through discussions about these exact things!

Keep educating yourself before jumping right in and buying a 6.0 powerstroke. They are great truck but you need to know what you are getting yourself into.

IMO that is way too much to pay for a truck like that. Here in Arizona I would not pay more than $10,000 for any 6.0 powerstroke with bad injectors or bad headgaskets. (I have bought a ccsb 4x4 lariat 6.0 for $4000 with bad heads)

TyCorr

Reaction score
In the midwest people dont mark.anything down. You wouldnt believe the stuff people do and try to sell for good money.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Is that your truck?^

Nevermind, i remember that truck from DT magazine. I remembered your name now. Not exact, Im sure, but I remember reading it and calling you Papagiorgio...like the son from NL Vegas Vacation

Welcome to PSA!

Last edited:

johnp115

Reaction score
Is that your truck?^

Nevermind, i remember that truck from DT magazine. I remembered your name now. Not exact, Im sure, but I remember reading it and calling you Papagiorgio...like the son from NL Vegas Vacation

Welcome to PSA!

Yes thats my truck, and yeah it was in Diesel Tech magazine. Hahaha the last name tends to get butchered, I've heard it all!! papanicolas.... papa-nicholas is the pronunciation. somehow it turns in to all kinds of things
and thanks, psa is where its at

TyCorr

Reaction score
I think a mod should change your username to Nic Papagiorgio. They do that around here. You'll be famous instantly. Lol. You gonna post some pics? Did you do a welcome thread? If so throw some pics up. The ones in the magazine were good.

johnp115

Reaction score
Haha that would be pretty funny, it has a nice ring to it. And i did a welcome thread a while back. I haven't gotten around to posting in the super duty picture thread yet,but ill throw some up there so you can see. I got some in the classified section, and a couple that i tried for the calendar but it didn't make it.

peixinho

Reaction score
Well here are some sneak pics of my ported intake manifold.

I think I have already posted this but I went with a Windrunner performance manifold (AKA WPE or ODAWG)

The communication process has been great! The product looks AWESOME! I am super excited to see how the truck likes it. It should be getting shipped very soon.

IMG952931_zps5acb9a3b.jpg

IMG952827_zps0f5a65dd.jpg

IMG954098_zps6892888c.jpg

IMG956505_zps944caa60.jpg

IMG950998_zps44a6edf1.jpg

sleeps

Reaction score
Well here are some sneak pics of my ported intake manifold.

I think I have already posted this but I went with a Windrunner performance manifold (AKA WPE or ODAWG)

The communication process has been great! The product looks AWESOME! I am super excited to see how the truck likes it. It should be getting shipped very soon.

IMG952931_zps5acb9a3b.jpg

IMG952827_zps0f5a65dd.jpg

IMG954098_zps6892888c.jpg

IMG956505_zps944caa60.jpg

IMG950998_zps44a6edf1.jpg

I'm sure its been posted already, but how do you bolt those style intakes down without dropping the bolt down the runner? Have to use magnetic tools?

peixinho

Reaction score
Ummm... I don't have it yet but I have researched it. There are many different options.

One that I think works best for me and that I am going to try is to put the bolts down in the intake and put the intake manifold gasket on before installing in the truck. That intake manifold gasket will actually hold the bolts in place and keep them from going anywhere.

But I will definitely post up how everything goes once I install it

snafu

Reaction score
I used a piece of electrical tape over the end of the allen socket so the bolt fit tight onto the socket. It worked really well. If a bolt does fall into an intake runner you will be able to pull it out with a magnet, it cant make it past the valves.

Merc82

Reaction score
With mine while it was on the bench I went ahead and inserted the bolts into the intake and and held the gasket to the back of the intake as I pushed them though the o rings already imbedded into the gaskets and then gently set it in place on the engine. They didn't move

Latest posts

Members online