Pics! Finally got tires!! 20x14 with 36 15.50 20

rc4wd

Reaction score
Truck looks great and sorry for the derail but just out of curiosity, did you give up on your bumper or have you just not finished it yet?

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
That looks really slick man. But I'm not sure I could handle the thought of my paint getting beat to **** on the gravel road all the time. Also, is that legal in NY? I always thought the further north you got the more strict they were with tires sticking out and mudflaps.

Yea i dont drive the truck a couple times a month and not at all this winter hopfully. Im not sure i drove past 4 cops and they smiled...:shrug:

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Not even oems? They stick out like a inch

Yea what would the point be of adding the OEM's then? not gonna do crap for coverage especially with how far those things stick out, plus seems the whole idea is to have a look of the tires being seperated from the vehicle, so flares wouldn't help unless you put some cutouts on there and stepped up to 40's

So most of the rocks hit the flare instead of the side of the truck...

Like Josh said... The cut outs stick out the farthest at 4". OEM ones wont really do anything as far as keeping rocks from hitting your truck and I think they only go out maybe 1/2"

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
My name is josh also... Well w/e I new i was going to get rock chips but the flares should help some cus the body of the truck will be in farther than the flares and same with the rockers and the rockers are color matched lined now and the flares will be also so i am hoping that takes most of the rocks...

RedSmokey

Reaction score
My name is josh also... Well w/e I new i was going to get rock chips but the flares should help some cus the body of the truck will be in farther than the flares and same with the rockers and the rockers are color matched lined now and the flares will be also so i am hoping that takes most of the rocks...

LOL Sorry, didn't know you were Josh also. What are the rockers lined with? And whatever kind it is will help, most of the debri you kick up will be hitting the rockers so that is good. BTW, Not trying to give you crap or anything, just a heads up

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
LOL Sorry, didn't know you were Josh also. What are the rockers lined with? And whatever kind it is will help, most of the debri you kick up will be hitting the rockers so that is good. BTW, Not trying to give you crap or anything, just a heads up

LOL I have al's liner and i color matched it to the truck but i didnt prep it right so i plan to redo it in the spring and thats when the flares will go on. Yea thanks damn haters anyway :cursing: But i did go threw a wet spot on the road and it threw mud on the inside of my tailgate and a rock hit my passenger side window but i haven seen any chips in the paint yet :shrug:

chappy

Reaction score
Yes i belive they are. Does anyone know ny state law for this?

Looks bad azz. Makes me want to redo my setup . As to the state laws you will have to do some searching. In Mi ,only commercial vehicles have to have the tires covered so we can get away with it. Every states different though. Is that an 8in lift I'm assuming?

Last edited:

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
Get some Bushwacker OEM Style flares... that would looookkkk SICK!! I'm thinking of painting the space between my windows black as well... Decisions...

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
I thought my 15.50's stuck out a lot good lord!! Looks good though!!

I've got rocker flares on my truck and i am very very pleased with how they perform.

Latest posts

Members online