Pics! Finally got tires!! 20x14 with 36 15.50 20

jdc753

Reaction score
Like Josh said... The cut outs stick out the farthest at 4". OEM ones wont really do anything as far as keeping rocks from hitting your truck and I think they only go out maybe 1/2"

My name is josh also... Well w/e I new i was going to get rock chips but the flares should help some cus the body of the truck will be in farther than the flares and same with the rockers and the rockers are color matched lined now and the flares will be also so i am hoping that takes most of the rocks...

Well I got the OEM flares and I mean if you want to add them to mix up the colors on your truck or something some trim or whatever then for sure go with em, but as far as coverage or helping with rock chips I don't see it helping you much. I still get rock chips with my setup and the truck is FILTHY in the winter or rain due to the tires sticking out.

This is with only 35x12.5 on an 9" wide run with 5" backspacing, the tires stick out about 1-2" tops at the top which is more than enough for me, and the flares are probably 3/4" at the most of coverage, which I just don't see doing much protection with your setup.

IMG_20100908_182343.jpg

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
Thankx guys! Well maybe ill just leave them off than i dono im not really worried about it right now winter is here and the truck is torn apart awaititng for pmf traction blocks!

Layson

Reaction score
Looks great and a nice stance. I was just curious if your truck is really sitting at 8". Seems like it is quite a bit lower?

Well I got the OEM flares and I mean if you want to add them to mix up the colors on your truck or something some trim or whatever then for sure go with em, but as far as coverage or helping with rock chips I don't see it helping you much. I still get rock chips with my setup and the truck is FILTHY in the winter or rain due to the tires sticking out.

This is with only 35x12.5 on an 9" wide run with 5" backspacing, the tires stick out about 1-2" tops at the top which is more than enough for me, and the flares are probably 3/4" at the most of coverage, which I just don't see doing much protection with your setup.

IMG_20100908_182343.jpg

I don't know if you could actually consider those flares at all. I think those are more like accent pieces compared to actual flares.. LOL

jonnysteals

Reaction score
What's with the bucket. When I had stacks on my humming I grilled a tiny hole right at the bottom of the stack where it 90 to the regular exhaust. This let the water drain out. The time and tires look nice I loved them tires when I had them on mine. I got 87 k out of them too.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
The pics make it look different the truck looks 10x better in real life... But yea it is a 7in icon coil and a 1in tei spacer. I have a hole in the 90* bend but the truck gets driven maybe 1 or 2 days a month so i just would rather put a bucket on it...

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
180.jpg

182.jpg

Here these pics my mom just sent me truck looks a little better/ higher here. Layson is your hydro assist make your steering almost to touchy going 60-80mph?

Keanoknick

Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one, but I can't stand the tires sticking out that far! Looks like a larger version of the mini trucks the Vato's used to drive when I lived in Phoenix.

Other than them sticking out that far, the truck looks really good.

6.0Dually

Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one, but I can't stand the tires sticking out that far! Looks like a larger version of the mini trucks the Vato's used to drive when I lived in Phoenix.

Other than them sticking out that far, the truck looks really good.

Yeah I agree, I like the look of a meaty tire but that to me is a little too far.

jdc753

Reaction score
I don't know if you could actually consider those flares at all. I think those are more like accent pieces compared to actual flares.. LOL

FINALLY!!! Glad someone understands what I am getting at lol, almost pains me to see them refered to as flares, I prefer to call them trim pieces or accents like you say.

derrick36

Reaction score
Thank you for not buying rims that are wider than the tires.

Great looking truck.

Latest posts

Members online