Pmr swap

Buffalo444

Reaction score
Which was what I thought. All I asked was about Bell housings / trannies and had a dozen people tell me I should.just put a 12 v in it. Kinda pissed me off a bit. I want to know the options I have. What would work and what wouldn't then.I'd make my own decision.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

You still looking to do that with your highboy?

TyCorr

Reaction score
I hear ya OP. People are possibly looking farther down the road than you are, hence replies.which seem foreign or out of order in what you are.asking. However there.may be a good reason. Not saying anybody is.right or wrong. Although you werent asking about rebuilding one motor or the other its the correct answer unless you just leave everything as is currently. You could slap the parts from your other motor in your pmr block and it would technically work but it might be a rough running bitch. If you have the forged rods out of your 96 included in a rebuild of one block or the other and get an overhaul kit that includes new pistons and rings, reusing the forged rods it would be a new.motor for the most part. Balancing the rotating.assembly would be wise.

That cat in the highboy would be cool as hell :D

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I slapped a 390 in the highboy for now. I don't know much when it comes to bell housings and trannies for that application and got no help at the nation which is why I'm here.

I will probably start rebuilding and do it right. Just worried about the pmrs saying goodbye before then

TyCorr

Reaction score
I slapped a 390 in the highboy for now. I don't know much when it comes to bell housings and trannies for that application and got no help at the nation which is why I'm here.

I will probably start rebuilding and do it right. Just worried about the pmrs saying goodbye before then

You shooooould be ok. If you dont.flog it much.

I had a built 390 in my 77 f350. 6"+3 lift and 39s. Three speed manual. It was.HORRENDOUS on fuel. 3-4mpgs but it would burn the turdy-niners. Its.a good.motor. I wish I had a picture of it. Black with orange,red, and yellow striping. Purple velvet interior and a skull shift knob. A footprint.gas pedal and.white.wagon wheels. It was pretty beat but.cool at the time.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Another dumb question. Do they give at random or is it usually high rpm when pulling or is it a.crap shoot.

I fit 36 inch irocs without lifting. It's my play toy. Don't really wanna put money into it if I'm just gonna put a kitty under the hood

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Standing.back, looking at the whole picture, Id run the pmr motor and then build the.96 block while the pmr motor is doing its.thing. Literally have the other motor ready when the pmr unit.goes. If it does.

My man! Thats Why I have this little Gem sitting around... I havent gotten a chance to dig into it yet, but I plant to this winter.

photobucket-36870-1331176708112.jpg

TyCorr

Reaction score
My man! Thats Why I have this little Gem sitting around... I havent gotten a chance to dig into it yet, but I plant to this winter.

photobucket-36870-1331176708112.jpg

They look so obese on a stand! Kinda like nice curvy ass when you peel the yoga pants off of it.

Latest posts

Members online