Possible New Suspension/Wheel/Tire Setup

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I hated the ride quality of my 4" lift. It was a BDS kit. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. I know some have had success with BDS kits, but not me. With my my Icon TEI, the leveling kit will actually be 3.5" instead of 2.5". So it will be close enough to 4".

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I hated the ride quality of my 4" lift. It was a BDS kit. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. I know some have had success with BDS kits, but not me. With my my Icon TEI, the leveling kit will actually be 3.5" instead of 2.5". So it will be close enough to 4".

Well that's cool too LOL

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Yea buddy. 3.5" up front and 4" rear traction blocks. Should look damn good with some aggressive 35's. It will either be 20x10's or 22x9.5's that I go with. I am pretty set on Fuel Octane's, but obviously my mind could change on those between now and next spring when I get wheels.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Yea buddy. 3.5" up front and 4" rear traction blocks. Should look damn good with some aggressive 35's. It will either be 20x10's or 22x9.5's that I go with. I am pretty set on Fuel Octane's, but obviously my mind could change on those between now and next spring when I get wheels.

That's a sweet set up. Don't you have caltracs also? I call dibs on them too lol

AKHILF

Reaction score
Do the 37's and 22's. On your 3.5 lift I bet it would come close but you can get it to work. Mines a 4" lift on them and I love the looks and rides like super duty normal.
a5de5868.jpg

Reaction score
Not sure what kind of driving you do, but Ive ran toyo MT's and personally I dont like them. Im running a set of 37's nitto mud grapplers and love them! They are wearing nice and so far have gotten 5 thousand more miles out of them and still have about 30% tread left. Very happy with the tire!

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
I got 10k on a set of mud grapplers on my white truck a few years ago. Loud as hell, rode like ****, never again. I have never seen a set last long at all. My bro in law has toyos on his truck, about 30k miles on them now, still look good

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I know I have been swapping around my suspension setup a lot on my truck the past year, but I have finally decided where I want to be. First I should note that I am pretty much done with the whole performance and go fast craze with this truck. It was definitely fun, but this is my daily driver and I put a lot of miles on my truck. I am probably going to try and find a RC/LB 2wd diesel to play around with starting next year, but for now I just want a reliable daily driver....that also looks good. This is what I plan on doing:

1. 2.5" Precision Metal Fab leveling kit - it's a coil spring leveling kit, not a block kit.
2. 4" Precision Metal Fab traction blocks (traction bar/rear block combo)
3. Shocks will probably be Icon, but I am open to other options
4. 18x9 or 20x9 black Fuel Octane's
5. 35" Toyo MT's or Nitto Trail Grapplers
6. Not right away, but eventually I would do a dual steering stabilizer and adjustable link arms as well.

Tell me what you guys think! You can critique, give advice, or tell me I'm crazy. I definitely would like advice on the shocks. I am looking for great ride quality. I know I can get that out of the coil springs from PMF, I just don't know about shocks. Thanks in advance guys!

- Jeff@Spartan

go 20x10 or 20x12...the lip on 20x9 octanes isnt there and looks kind of strange imo

Last edited:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Not sure what kind of driving you do, but Ive ran toyo MT's and personally I dont like them. Im running a set of 37's nitto mud grapplers and love them! They are wearing nice and so far have gotten 5 thousand more miles out of them and still have about 30% tread left. Very happy with the tire!

I'll pass. I have ridden in a truck with Mud Grapplers and it was a miserable ride. Truck was a straight piped Cummins and all you could hear was tire noise.

Thats the opposite that I normally hear. I was told the mud grapplers wore horrible and are really loud

:whs:

I got 10k on a set of mud grapplers on my white truck a few years ago. Loud as hell, rode like ****, never again. I have never seen a set last long at all. My bro in law has toyos on his truck, about 30k miles on them now, still look good

I had good luck out of a set of Toyo MT's also, that is why I am considering them again.

go 20x10 or 20x12...the lip on 20x9 octanes isnt there and looks kind of strange imo

More than likely 20x10's. Don't think I would like 20x12's.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
just saw you were looking at 22's too...22x11 is a sweet wheel...it doesnt stick out to far and gives a great look

Yea. I am considering 22's, but I am also considering the cost of tires associated with 22's. I am still leaning toward 20's, but it will be next spring before I get wheels so I could change my mind.